• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Coating for Manifold

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
While my engine is apart and spread across a few states (being repaired) I was thinking of "coating" the exhaust manifold, and pipes with something that would keep them looking like metal instead of rust. ANY suggestions, or experiences ? Thanks again for the input.

Tom J

I'll get this car back on the road if it's the next to the last thing I ever do !

tfctpa

Donation Time
Por15 makes a durable coating just for this purpose. I have used it on my swamp buggy, and am very pleased. http://www.por15.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1457/.f

While my engine is apart and spread across a few states (being repaired) I was thinking of "coating" the exhaust manifold, and pipes with something that would keep them looking like metal instead of rust. ANY suggestions, or experiences ? Thanks again for the input.

Tom J

I'll get this car back on the road if it's the next to the last thing I ever do !

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Bill, That's impressive but i don't think the rest of my car would live up to that good looking of an engine bay !

Tom J

Tullamore

Donation Time
I used the High Temp Coating from Eastwood, it still looks like the day it was painted after a year of driving.

IMG_4244.jpg

Also I put a clear powdercoat on my intake manifold after it was sandblasted to keep it clean and from corrosion.

IMG_4259.jpg

65beam

Donation Time
coatings

i have used eastwoods exhaust coating that brushes on for the cast exhaust manifolds on my series 4 & 5.they look good for a year or maybe two years. then i have had to go back and recoat.on the 69 that i'm building now,i sent the cast manifold and the double down pipe to jethot and had the sterling coating applied.it was 95.00 each to get them coated.looks great!
the exhaust manifold is similar to the 4's& 5's.all 4 tubes of the manifold come together at the back instead of in the center plus the intake bolts to the top of the exhaust manifold so it is slightly larger.i would assume that the cost would be the same for the alpine.i had the intakes polished at a shop in dayton and that really sets them off and they look great.it cost 45.00 to get the intake for the 69 polished so it's not that expensive .i use eastwoods detail grey on all of my masters cylinders.just my thoughts on coatings.i also use the detail grey on the bell housing and most cast aluminum parts.