• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clutch Push Rod, Series V

CptTom

Donation Time
Does anyone have the correct pushrod connecting the clutch slave cylinder to the clutch release lever for a series V Alpine?

Tom

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
CptTom, I see where there have been near fifty views but no responses to your question.

I may have an extra, will have to dig thru my stuff!

You may be the third of fourth person asking for the push rod in the past few weeks. Wonder where they disappear to?

Probably like my "location rings" for the intake manifold to the head?

Might even pass this on to my Engineer/Draftsman friend for some ideas on reproduction?

Any ideas? From anyone?

CptTom

Donation Time
CptTom, I see where there have been near fifty views but no responses to your question.

I may have an extra, will have to dig thru my stuff!

You may be the third of fourth person asking for the push rod in the past few weeks. Wonder where they disappear to?

Probably like my "location rings" for the intake manifold to the head?

Might even pass this on to my Engineer/Draftsman friend for some ideas on reproduction?

Any ideas? From anyone?
Thanks for taking the time to dig thru your stuff. The more I work on my car the more I realize the prior owner(s) put a number of parts into the car that were from not correct. Everytime I buy a part it seems the related parts on the car are not compatible with the new correct part.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
CptTom... (snip of good stuff for brevity)
Any ideas? From anyone?

Every time I visit the clutch setup I wonder if cable actuation would be an easier way to go... although decidedly un-authentic. Need to modify things for 'pull' instead of 'push', but doable. Probably not worth the overall effort, though. I had a Fiat years ago with a cable-actuated clutch, and it drove just fine. Replaced once over the years, and it was quite easy to do.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor

Dan,

I have at least 3 original clutch slaves in the parts boxes I inherited. Not one of them has the push rod. I have no idea where those push rods went. Maybe they were left attached to the clutch fork.

Mike