• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Chime in on mileage claim

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Another but.

But if the reserve is $33,000 and the top bid is at $20,000 and someone enters a bid of $40,000, doesn't the bid ratchet up the minimum amount (like $20,200), not jump to the reserve of $33,000?

Bill

65beam

Donation Time
claim

after hearing the same thing for many years, can someone tell me why alpines are expected to sell at very low prices? when new they cost more than some other cars of the era and those other cars now bring better selling prices than an alpine. i know what it costs to do a bare metal restoration and i don't understand the logic that they have to be cheap. why ??????

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Not to worry!

Bob, I for one do not care what other folks think about the price of an Alpine. Buy cheap-sell high;)

I will and have always bought based upon my desires and available money and of course what the seller will take for any given item.

Also, I am pretty much sticking to what I want for something regardless of "what the market price" is supposed to be.

If I have it and you want it then most likely you will meet my price otherwise look somewheres else.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Bob,

Because we as Sunbeamers are a tight lot. We want a lot for our cars, but aren´t willing topaymuch for someone elese´s. I see guys asking for some hard to get part,like the rear window on an early hard top, but only if it isn´t too expensive.

When MG and Triumph buyers need some part, they don´t quibble , they just pay and go away happy with their car running. I too am cheap. Thirty years ago I was cused out by a guy at a wrecking yard, because I thought $30.00 was too much for a window regulator.

Restoring a car,be it an Alpine or a Nash Rambler are about the same,but you don´t see anyone paying much for a restored Rambler. We Sunmbeamers are the ones responsible for the low prices of our cars.

Jose

after hearing the same thing for many years, can someone tell me why alpines are expected to sell at very low prices? when new they cost more than some other cars of the era and those other cars now bring better selling prices than an alpine. i know what it costs to do a bare metal restoration and i don't understand the logic that they have to be cheap. why ??????