• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Change-over to non-peaked rims

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
One of the highlights at the Invasion was the appearance of a relatively untouched late SV with only 16,000 miles on the odometer. I didn't capture the car's VIN, but it was a late SV with the bumper mounted license plate lights, spare tire straps and the early head with spark plug tubes. My SV parts car (B395017894) had each of these, but also had the non peaked headlight rims. I am just curious: does anyone know when each of these changes appeared?

RootesRich

Donation Time
Jim,
Take a look at the "changes in production" tab under the technical data section at the top of the page. Ian has documented most of the changes based on vin number.
Incidentally, my late SV has all the same late features as yours.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Rich. It does show the gradual implementation of the changes, which is what I suspected. It is interesting that Ian shows the headlight rim change at B395017900, while my car was B395017894. I have no reason to be sure they weren't changed at some point in the past and they have now been bead blasted so I can't do a proper forensic evaluation, but they certainly looked to be original.

Did anyone capture the VIN of the late car that was at the Invasion? It would be interesting to see where it falls in Ian's timeline.

I also note the Ian doesn't show the change to the earlier style head. At least, I always thought it was an earlier style. However, the recent discussion on the so-called eBay Racing Head (http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18999) makes reference to a late style head. I never looked at my head too closely, other than noticing the spark plug tubes. What is this late head and how do you identify it?

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Is the 16,000 mile V the white one with license ACT 369J? I wonder if anyone snapped a photo or two of the interior of this car?

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
No, the 16,000 original was 122 Signal Red. I didn't write down the VIN but we discussed the possibility of it having non-peaked rims and determined the VIN was below the transition number.

canuck pride

Donation Time
One of the highlights at the Invasion was the appearance of a relatively untouched late SV with only 16,000 miles on the odometer. I didn't capture the car's VIN, but it was a late SV with the bumper mounted license plate lights, spare tire straps and the early head with spark plug tubes. My SV parts car (B395017894) had each of these, but also had the non peaked headlight rims. I am just curious: does anyone know when each of these changes appeared?

Hey Jim , mine also has the lic plate lights in the rear bumper. I kinda thought that might have bin a Canadian thing. Mike