• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Centre box

JonPiz

Donation Time
I have a series 2 and have been rebuilding the centre box. At the rear mine has a "lift the dot" stud. On photos I have seen of centre boxes the rear part has a pad at least 1" thick. Is mine correct for an early series and if so what was the stud for?

Attachments

• DSCN1817.JPG
    DSCN1817.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 39

alpine_64

Donation Time
There was a tensioning strap for the tonneau covers that cliped to the center consoles, the later cars have the stud down the vertical side of the console.. i would assume that is what this is for, cant remember if the early cars had it there or where yours has it.

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
The original tonneau covers have a strap (approx 18" X 2") fixed to the underside which locates on the stud on the console. The purpose is to tension the tonneau and prevent it from flapping at speed.

agmason54

Donation Time
Jon
Your box is correct with the lift dot stud.My SII is LH drive and the stud is on the left side. I don't which side yours would be on assuming it is RH drive. The only center boxes with the rear pad were on GTs...
Get your door locks sorted?
Agm

JonPiz

Donation Time
re

Jon
Your box is correct with the lift dot stud.My SII is LH drive and the stud is on the left side. I don't which side yours would be on assuming it is RH drive. The only center boxes with the rear pad were on GTs...
Get your door locks sorted?
Agm

Yes thanks you so much for the help on the locks. My car was LHD originally but the stud is in the middle. According to the chassis number it was the last car made on a firiday, maybe they couldnt make up their mind which side to put it on!:D

agmason54

Donation Time
Jon
Not long after I told you about my lift dot stud being on the left hand side in my SII I happened to look at another SII and it has the stud in the center at the back like yours.....

Al

JonPiz

Donation Time
re centre box

this is the centre box now I have refurbished it

Attachments

• Centre box compressed.jpg
    Centre box compressed.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 36

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Nicely done. I had mine recently redone as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 30