• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Cars on Ebay

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
I noticed the top covers also. I've never owned a car later than SII or seen (up close a IV or V), talk about living in a Sunbeam deprived area? I thought the metal top covers ended with SIII.

That said, it looks a lot better with them.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1961...ewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item439ba27f63

California - Nice looking car (don't care for the whitewalls though) Doesn't anyone near Cleveland have a car to sell????

That thing is a cherry. I wonder if it looks as good underneath as it does on top?

And as to the whitewalls, I really like them on the tall-fin cars - makes them look like a true early 60's car. I loved the picture on the front of Road & Track back then with the red one and the wide whites... superb.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
No reserve!! That would be a tough car to pass on.

Mike, maybe you'd better start looking for a hauler. There are some on the board that know good ones.

Bill

SDuncan

Donation Time
Put a posting up on uship.com and see what is out there for shippers. I have used the site twice and it was a great experience both times. A lot of times, people are looking for things to fill their loads and give really good price quotes.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for the advice guys. I may end up having to go that route. I,m just not sure if I could bring myself to buy a car sight unseen.

Mike

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
In the past, guys have had pretty good luck having a local member check out the cars. Can't expect to get an appraisal, but most could tell you if the car is a rolling rust bucket.

Bill

SDuncan

Donation Time
I have purchased 2 vehicles through members of the forum and have had great experiences both times. As Bill wrote, if you can get a local member to check the vehicle out for you and give you an unbiased opinion, it goes a long ways to putting your mind at ease. Sometimes you just have to take the plunge.;)

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for the input. When the right project comes along, I'll have to ask for some help, and "take the plunge" if it's too far away.

Mike