• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Carpet Kits

Alan F

Donation Time
I am about to need carpet in my V-6 conversion and was wondering what others have done. Since the shifter has been moved back 3 -4 inches and the tunnel made longer and a bit wider, how do the standard Kits work out? Do you just shift it back and put a strip up by the firewall. I found a supplier in the UK that will make one without the shifter hole cut out, but shipping is excessive. I am also considering just taking it to someone local to make the carpet.

Thoughts/comments would be welcome.

Thanks

Alan F

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Allan, I took mine to the local shop and had them custom fit all the carpet w/ some modifications I wanted including a good quality sound deadening backing and making a nice upholstered jump seat. Also included original looking kick and quarter panels. I don't know the actual cost for the carpet work alone but based on the total I am guessing about 3 bills.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
In case you elect to have it made to your specs, I know a guy in Tolleson who did my seats and plan to have him do the interior on the project car.