• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Carolina British Classics VI & SOS 2012

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Sam, I have you down as one of the five to be here but not registered. We still need more to register!! 17 is not enough!!

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
We got your registration Sam! Do you know if Tolbert knows about the show? I sent him an email but never heard back.

As far as the show we have close to 100 cars pre-registered and everything is shaping up better than any year so far. Come on Sunbeamers and join us in the 6th annual SOS in Columbia SC.

Cheers,

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hey Todd,
How's the yellow bird doin'?
The TC is running really good, we're going to take it easy on the trip over. I even cleaned up the interior a bit, but still only one seat.

Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am working around the clock trying to get the yellow pine ready. I'm not sure I if it will be ready or not. I ran into some major issues with the front end suspension. Once I get the suspension done then it's off to the races with the manifold, carbs exhaust and misc. The most aggravating thing is waiting on parts!

Are ya'll coming to the show on backroads? or the Interstate?

Denise is bummed out that Susan is not coming!!!!

Cheers,

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Not quite sure which route we're going to use. I'm bringing someone but I don't think it will be Elijah.:D

Tom j

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Forgot to register but am planning to attend and register on-site if I can get a car street ready.

I'll probably drive a faded midnight blue SV that I obtained for parts but which turned out to be too nice to dissemble, with an engine built by Jim E and overdrive.

Airpine remains a work in progress - current issue involves dialing in a DCOE Weber and resolving a backfire.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Great News Alan! We look forward to seeing you! This may be our nicest event so far in the 6 years of doing an annual SOS.

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just saw the first TV commercial advetising this event. They are expecting over 10,000 people to attend. It is going to be big and a fun time for all. We will have around 20 Sunbeams here and well over 100 other British cars to go along with the Scottish Games Festival. We look forward to being your host for the weekend!

Todd & Denise / Eric & Bonnie

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Friday March 30th:
The Scottish rock band "Celtic Commotion" will begin at 6:30pm downtown Columbia. We will leave the host motel at 6:00pm on Friday to head down there. They will have beer and wine vendors but I am not sure about the food yet. Bring your chairs or picnic blankets.

Head back to the host motel around 8:30 P.M. and order pizza.

Saturday March 31st:
Carolina British Classics in conjuction with Tartan Day South will take place from 8:30 A.M. through 3:00 P.M.

Host motel / parts room from 4:00 P.M. - 6:00 P. M.

Convoy to Hudson's BBQ 2 miles from the host motel at 6:00 P.M.

Host motel at 8:30 P.M. for some parts / gifts give-away games.

Sunday April 1st:

Host motel 9:00 P.M. for Breakfast together.

Cheers,
Todd

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Anybody on the fence about this event needs to come on by, you positively will not be disappointed, we've got 4 of the BEST hosts and hostesses setting up the SOS, plus all of us other Funbeam folks.

Tom j

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
OK Guys and Gals,

It's time to get the registration coming so we can start the planning of events. So far the tenative schedule is:

Scottish rock band down by the river on Friday night.
Pizza back at the motel on Friday night.
Carolina British Classics VI at Columbia Motor Speedway tied in with Tartan Day South

Saturday afternoon - parts room open at the motel4:00-7:00
Hudson's BBQ 6:00P.M. 2 miles from host motel
Sunbeam Games - Back in the parts room - 8:00 P.M. Lot's of cool stuff to give away!

Let's get registered!
http://www.bccmc.com/uploads/2012_BCCMC_CBC-VI_Registration_2_Pg.pdf

Todd,

What is the host motel, and the show's address?

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I met Todd at the hotel yesterday and it is a really nice place-plenty of room for car trailers and lots of room for Sunbeams in the parking lot! There will be a big meeting room we will be using during the weekend so bring some spare parts to swap or sell at the swap meet. It looks like perfect weather for the weekend so come and join us! Eric

65beam

Donation Time
sos

eric,
make sure we have bright sunshine. we loaded the harrington saturday along with the chairs, ez up, suntan lotion and my well traveled straw hat. we'll see you folks friday depending on how many outlet malls we stop to visit.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Try to arrive as early as possible on Friday. We will leave from the host motel to convoy downtown at 6:00 P.M. to the outdoor Celtic Commotion ( Scottish Rock Band) concert.

Not many British Car Shows will have two Harringtons attending!!!

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bob, You will not need your tent. I will have two 12 x 12 tents set up side by side for the Sunbeam group. That may save you some room. Bring the straw hat though! And some parts to sell!

65beam

Donation Time

todd,
the EZ up is for the car so it doesn't get sunburn. i'll show you the umbrella it has for it's engine.