• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

cantrails for SII. what do they look like when installed?

mightyohm

Donation Time
Does anyone have a photo of a series II soft top showing the cantrails installed?

Will the top function without them in place?

alpine_64

Donation Time
The cantrails helped create a solid edge along the soft top window openings so the recess in the top for the window to seat doesnt move.

The tops work without them ( most cars seem to be missing them)

I haven't got a photo to hand, but the rails secure on the forward bowe hoop by 2 brackets on each side and then via a turn buckle on the front top header rail on each end.

There are 2 flaps on a series ii top on each window opening. These have 2 press studs each. The flaps wrap around the cantrail and clip to the inside face with the press studs.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Yes.. Thats them.

The turn buckle that should be on the ends of the header rail that holds the front of the cantrail is often missing. You will see 2 small holes for their mounting on the inside face of the header rail.

They look similar to this but with wider turn head.

m3ccIhneREjYCfdSVj5ceZQ.jpg

mightyohm

Donation Time
Jon - is your car missing the twist clips that Michael posted a photo of ? My car is also missing the twist clips, and it's not obvious where they mount to the windshield frame.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jon - is your car missing the twist clips that Michael posted a photo of ? My car is also missing the twist clips, and it's not obvious where they mount to the windshield frame.
John.

The clips mount to the header rail on the soft top. The cantrail has a slot in it at the front where it rests against the header and the twist clip secures it. The flap on the top then attaches to a press stud on the top of the a post of the screen frame