• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Can this car really be worth only ?12,500?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Sunbeam Talbots have a de3cent value in the UK compared to anywhere else.. moer so the alpine model.. they sell for top $ there... but i wonder how long that market will last.. time is moving on for that buying market... younger people want younger classics and they are unlikely to associate with the moss/rally heritage.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I think you guys misunderstand me. I am not questioning whether or not it is worth the buy it now price; I can't believe that is all it is worth! £12,500 seems like the deal of the century to me. I'm sitting here thinking about selling my S3 and SIV V6 projects (and maybe my first born if shipping is too much) to grab what seems like an incredible bargain to me. I won't do any of those for lots of personal and financial reasons, but I can't believe that you could get so much car for the price.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Jim,

It would be a neat ride... and the value is really good, too.

I think shipping cost have come down but I am not positive. I know they have lots of extra shipping capacity in the industry sitting idle. I have heard that the ship building industry is really going to be running lean when they start completing contracts since few new contracts are being issued.

Steve