• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bumperettes

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
I don’t think this change is enough to bump this post into the ‘modified’ forum but if it is, my apologies.

My dad is refreshing his 25 year old restoration on his Series IV.
It has not had a bumper on it since he acquired it. I know there are both ‘bumper people’ and ‘no bumper people’ in the mix but he wants to be somewhere in the middle.

He has bumpers on his Tiger but wants to go with bumperettes on his Alpine...something along the lines of the Cobra, as an example.

Here are my questions....

1. Have any of you done this?
2. What did you use for your bumperettes...as in what car were they designed for originally?
3. Where did you source them?

I’m sure we will need to fabricate brackets for whatever we do but that’s okay.

He’s asked me to assist in tracking something down that would work and look appropriate...so obviously the forum was going to be my first stop in the quest.

Thanks as always for any input.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Ive seen bumperettes made from vuttung2 the centre from a bumper and welding ends from another onto the short side.. Like xke or lotus contrina... Uses stock mounting brackets