• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Broken spoke replacement...

mikephillips

Donation Time
You can get them from many British car suppliers since the 13 inch wheel is used by the midget/sprite as well as some other less known cars. There's two different lengths, one for the hub edge to the rim and a longer one from the outer end of the hub to the rim. Also get new nipples as they'll be nearly impossible to unscrew. Try Moss, Victoria British, Dayton Wire Wheel, etc.

As for the is it worth it question, Depends on how many there are, the overall condition of the wheel, and hub, splines and how much you understand about what you're doing. More than 3-4 per wheel, may be easier to have someone more familiar do them or even just replace the wheel.

But replacement brings with it its' own set of questions. One or all, condition of hubs, tires too, and so on. I'll not turn this into a long discussion, unless you have questions.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Just a note. I ordered some replacement spokes from Victoria British a few years ago to replace some broken spokes on my wires. The VB spokes did not fit my wheels, which I assume were the factory originals. The base of the spokes were too large for the holes in my wheels. I ended up taking spokes from a spare wheel instead.