• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

British Invasion at CMP

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Foothills British Car Club is once again planning a British Invasion at Carolina Motorsports Park.

At this late date I believe that Hap's intro for last year's (4th annual) covers the Saturday 17 November 2012 5th annual event far better than anything I could write. Please remember the date for this event is Saturday 17 November 2012.

Congregate near the CMP concession stand between 1000 and 1030 on Saturday 17 November 2012.

If you need additional information please sammler.permanent@gmail.com

sammler.permanent@gmail.com

864-221-4181

Pat Harris

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Sam-I am glad to hear that this is going to happen! See you there.
Website for the track http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/

Here is Hap's posting from last year's event:

Hap's 4th Annual announcement

Yep, hard to beleive, we have not been ran off from here yet So once again we plan on returning to Carolina Motorpsorts Park for our 4th annual British Invasion at CMP. This is about as laid back of event as it gets, bring your street car (preferably British, but not required) to track on Saturday Nov. 17th, and get to do two 20 minute session on the track in a spirited manner, no helmets required, passengers are welcome to ride alone. We normally meet and park over the near turn 2, near the concession stand, nice restrooms also near by (I know you ladies like such details). Overall it's just a fun time, to get to go out on the track in our little cars, and take a few laps at something much better than a pace lap. CMP is a interesting road racing track, very technical and designed for cars like our LBCs, go as slow or fast (within reason) as you like, for the faster folks, trust me, you'll like this, we normally attack the corners and back off on the straights, you'll be plenty tested. All CMP has ever ask us for is the normal gate fee, I think it is 5 or 10 bucks a head, it cost nothing to do the track sessions. We normally have about 15-20 British cars there, lots of neat stuff, lots of the folks that done this with us, have been with us since the first year, so they must be enjoying, it I know I do, I like seeing the smile on folks faces when they come off the track and start telling you about there time on track, like kids at Christmas Men, women, children, dogs, you name it, you're all welcome.

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Additional info

What: The British Invasion at Carolina Motorsports Park

When: November 17, 2012 Starting at 10:00 am

Where: Carolina Motorsport Park, Kershaw SC The track is about 100 miles
from Spartanburg. See their website for map and other information
http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/index.html

Description: The is a laid back affair held annually at CMP. It is open
to any British car. We gather at around 10:00 am for an informal car show
and tire kicking session, and around noon get to take to the track to
drive some spirited laps. In the past, we were allowed on the track for
approximately 20-30 minutes during the lunch break for the regularly
scheduled track events.

The track is about 2.25 miles around, and is a blast to drive on. We are
led around the track by an experienced guide, who will limit maximum
speeds to a safe rate. You set your own speed as to going leisurely, or
quickly around the track behind the guide car. Passing is restricted to
straights with a wave by. As far as insurance is concerned, these laps
are considered to be parade laps, not racing . No special safety
equipment or helmets are required.

Cost: No charge

Also, as in the past there have been track day, HPDE, both cars and
motorcycles.. There is also going to be go-cart racing scheduled on the
separate cart track, so there will be a lot to do and see this day.