• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bring a trailer IMP

alpine_64

Donation Time
I find it interesting that the craigs list price looks to be from a dealer and is 3K more than the bring a tralier price (or vice versa)... either way dealer is trying to make a big hit.

As for being over priced.. at 12K sure.. at 8K... well maybe its alright. Think how much it would cost to build one up to this condition and buy/find the missing parts.. probably cost more than 8k... so perhaps its on the money.. like buying an alpine thats doe for 15-20K instead of spending 30K yourself building one up.. pay more upfront and save overall.

Just a pitty its not a Sunbeam stilleto with the twin headlights and sports motor/interior.

lemansvk

Donation Time
Imps have a keen following in this country and I suspect they would have no trouble getting $8k Australian for this one. I know a local who is asking $6K for a GT (not as rare in Australia as the fastback) which is in pretty good condition but probably not as good as this one. Another bloke I know is asking $3K for one which goes and is registered but needs extensive body (rust repairs and full repaint) and interior restoration.

This Chamois recently reached $1200 (failed to meet reserve) and it's a real lot of work http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...m=190199494776&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

Vic

sunbeammadd

Donation Time
Might be time I increased the insured value on mine!

Imps have a keen following in this country and I suspect they would have no trouble getting $8k Australian for this one. I know a local who is asking $6K for a GT (not as rare in Australia as the fastback) which is in pretty good condition but probably not as good as this one. Another bloke I know is asking $3K for one which goes and is registered but needs extensive body (rust repairs and full repaint) and interior restoration.

Vic

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
Just a pitty its not a Sunbeam stilleto with the twin headlights and sports motor/interior.

Sold my 998 Stiletto (one l two t's) for 500 pounds in the early 90's...:(
I loved that car! Broke my heart, but I had already left the UK for good by that stage, and could only really keep one car, the Ginetta. I'll always have a soft spot for the Imps though, they are fantastic cars to drive.