• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Brake Rotors: S I-V

Sunbeam Canada

Donation Time
Question #1: Anyone able to confirm if the Alpine brake rotors are interchangeable.?

Question #2: In particular, will a S-V rotor fit a S-I?

Question #3: Finally, any information on modern rotors that will fit a S-V would be appreciated. Ideally, for racing.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I'm pretty sure they are all the same. If you do interchange rotors, they need to be checked for run-out. I think the tolerance is a few thousands only.

Sunbeam Canada

Donation Time
The Rootes Part catalogue states as follows:

Part# 1201249 S I and II
Part# 1206249 S III and onward.

The manual does not explain what the difference is. ??

I want to donate as set of S-V rotors to a local S-I owner however, before he takes on the task, we need to be sure of the match.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I was under the impression the SI/II rotors were smallewr than S3-V, thought it was 9.5 vs 9.75 or .85?

Jim E

Donation Time
As in a bolt on over the counter rotor from some other car?

Not that I have ever heard of, but Bill B. made a set fit along with different calipers.