• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Brake Master Cylinder Series V

alanlindafla

Donation Time
I have a Series V that appears to have a modified or replacement Brake Master Cylinder. It has the number imprinted on it 81A-7326. Is anyone familiar with this, can I put a more modern replacement, or should I send it out for rebuild. I really do want to repair it quickly as this is my wife’s day runner.

Jeb Stuart

Platinum Level Sponsor
Must be a good car for daily service. Maybe a Wilwood? No name? Can you post a picture?

I have a Wilwood but the number starts w/ a 2. Summit will get you one quickly but there a little modification to the shaft to pedal. A couple of hours work maybe.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
May be a WhitePost rebuild. They did mine 12 years ago and it's still going strong.

Yeah, but the White Post units are genuine Girling or Lockheed units, not something odd-ball looking, right? All of my brake components were done there - I sent them my units and they sent them back, line-bored and re-lined with bronze sleeves. I had them do the entire hydraulic system - wheel cylinders, brake master, booster unit, clutch master & slave - and then I rebuilt them with NOS kits. Then I rebuilt the calipers with stainless pistons. All are still going fine over 15 years later.