• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Brake and clutch pedals

londoner

Gold Level Sponsor
This might be a dumb question. I am putting the pedals back in my series 2 Alpine. When I took them out years ago I did not label which was which. They are both identical. Does it matter which pedal I use for brake and clutch or are they both the same?

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Get the original sleeved with brass and rebuild it. I know it's costly, but it's pretty much once-and-done.

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Try White Post Restorations in Virginia. They did my Tiger's brake booster back in 2009. They have a lifetime warranty. My booster still works perfectly.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
White Post did my clutch master - sleeve & rebuild - in 2017 for $245 total.
Apple Hydraulics sleeved my clutch slave in 2021 for $65 plus $11 shipping. I did the rubber replacement myself using a repair kit from Sunbeam Specialties.

Mike

londoner

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for the replies. The reservoirs on my originals seem small would it be better to use a non original with larger reservoir?
In regard to the brakes I replaced the brake master with a new one. I purchased one from the UK which did not have the pushrod and when I tried to use the original it was a different bore. I then purchased on from here in the US which even with the offset reservoir interferes with the engine brace! Looking for guidance there too. Many thanks 16731286716556936262067023101737.jpg 16731287009437512989841274134409.jpg 16731287257156792533798915932324.jpg

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
The early series cars have a remote reservoir that is attached to the firewall and plumbed down to the master. I have some if you need it, just give me a ring on Monday.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Here's a picture if the remote reservoir.
RIMG0004-XL.jpg

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
The one in the picture is from a Datsun B210, I am now running a Wilwood for the clutch and Mazda for the brakes,
RIMG0573-XL.jpg