• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bought another Alpine

Tullamore

Donation Time
I think at some point in my childhood I was cursed with the desire to own every Sunbeam I come across. :eek:

Why is it so easy to feel sorry for a car that is need of a good home?

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
It's a wonderful sickness for sure, and tough to pass on a good deal, but I've learned over the years you can only drive them one at a time and it doesn't really do you any good to have a fleet if none of them run. So for me it's not the quantity of the vehicles but the quantity of time you spend behind the wheel enjoying the car in its element - on the road! :)

V_Mad

Donation Time
Boy do you have it bad!! Makes me and my two Sunbeams look like a passing aquaintance!
But then, if I had the space........

Tullamore

Donation Time
It was nice enough this weekend to get the new car out for a wash. I hope to be using this car as a daily driver this spring.

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Why is it so easy to feel sorry for a car that is need of a good home?

Look on the bright side. At least it's not lost kittens... :D Sunbeams (if stored safely) can be very patient until one gets time or finds another who does. At least they're not stuck in the elements turning to junk.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
What Color?

Nice Save Steve,
What color of blue is that it looks really close to my GM Sapphire blue metallic? Is the car a ST or GT?
I guess I am lucky for I have only seen one other Alpine here in Tulsa for sale and it was sold by the time I went to look at it. I make a point of not looking at the for sale adds since I really don't need another Alpine but like you Steve it just kills me to see a classic sit and rust. I almost saved a 63 MG Sprint from the salvage, someone finally hauled it off or they crushed the poor thing. If it was a Sunbeam I would of been dragging it home in a heartbeat! I gave the salvage my card he is suppose to call me if he gets another British Iron.

Donna
:D

Tullamore

Donation Time
I don't know what the color is but I happen to have two of them this same color. The car was originally color code 108 - Polar White. It is an ST and it had the original top, but it was so dry and hard that I ripped it off so that I could fold the top frame down properly and have the car look decent. I have an old factory hard top sitting around I might throw on it.

If you are wondering I did the bumpers and all other missing bits with the car. I am very pleased with it. Now I need to start the work to make it safe to drive.