• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Borescope/finding V6 TDC

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Yep, Then when you add a cam and headers the performance will be similar to the Offy and 390 4 barrel at much less cost. I like the Autolite fine but the 350 Holley is a little more performance oriented and has better tuning capability. I wish Summit would make the 2 barrel like their 4 barrel. It uses annular boosters like Autolite. A little better gas mileage and throttle response than the Holley.

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yep, Then when you add a cam and headers the performance will be similar to the Offy and 390 4 barrel at much less cost. I like the Autolite fine but the 350 Holley is a little more performance oriented and has better tuning capability. I wish Summit would make the 2 barrel like their 4 barrel. It uses annular boosters like Autolite. A little better gas mileage and throttle response than the Holley.

Thanks Jim, I was just curious.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Mike, Bolted right up. I had the older Holley 350 universal. As far as I know the 350 Holley 2300 and 2100 Autolite have identical bolt patterns. I'd go with the electric choke, works good. 5.16 not 5 1/16.

Last edited:

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Mike, Bolted right up. I had the older Holley 350 universal. As far as I know the 350 Holley 2300 and 2100 Autolite have identical bolt patterns. I'd go with the electric choke, works good. 5.16 not 5 1/16.

“5.16 not 5 1/16” Whoops, thanks, good to know. As you know by now, I like to tinker. You mentioned the Holley has better tuning capability than the Autolite, in what ways? Just curious.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
0803st_15_z+small_carburetor+booster_types.jpg Lots of aftermarket support, more interchangeable items. I modified a 2 barrel Holley on my IHC Scout with offroad spring loaded needle and seat, jet extensions and notched floats, vent whistles, power valve blow out prevention, etc. Similar to the Holley Avenger offroad 4 barrel. A lot of the 4 barrel primary parts interchange. I would be interested to know if you can change the stock drop leg booster for annular boosters. You lose a little cfm, probably 50cfm because of air blockage to the venturi's, but you gain crisp throttle response and gas mileage. The Summit 4 barrel is patterned on the 4010 Holley that used the annular booster. So maybe the Holley 4010 booster would swap? 4180 Ford truck and 83-85 Mustang carb had annular boosters also. There maybe aftermarket ones from Quick Fuel? Look in Summit and Jegs for the potential of Holley and many clones part interchange. This little gizmo is interesting:
http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?6,62826

Last edited: