• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

boot key insert needed

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
A common problem with original boot lock cylinders is that the sliding key cover sticks open. Over the years, fine matter and rust get inside the cylinder and eventually under the cover and bind it open. There's a tiny push spring intended to re-position the cover once the key is withdrawn. They lack the strength to push a seized cover and oftentimes break.

BTW, you will need more than just a lock cylinder. There is another part that mounts behind the cylinder via a kinda long threaded adjusting rod. Without these parts your lock cylinder will fit loosely in the housing and you won't be able to open your lid.

If an open key cover isn't important to you I can help you out with a complete assembly if you send a direct email to:

volvoguys@comcast.net

I carry a decent assortment of correct, original Wilmot Breeden UNION numbered keys and for an additional cost can supply a pair of correct keys so you can also lock your book. If you give me the three-digit lock number from your console lock you might get lucky. I just might have that number and can pin your boot to match your console as original.

Mark ..... volvoguys (PA).