• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bonnet (Hood) Striker Pin Assembly

greenbean

Donation Time
Hello --
I have just purchased a Series V and the Bonnet (Hood) Stricker Pin assembly is broken. I am not sure that my best bet is to try and weld it back together. Does anyone have one they would like to sell, or know of a place that would sell the piece? Or any suggestions?

Thanks,

Russ

howard

Donation Time
I believe I've got a spare for my SIV, if you're talking about the spring-activated latch that attaches to the hood. Drop me an e-mail with your address at *von@discipleguide.org* (remove *'s) and I'll mail it to you.

greenbean

Donation Time
Thanks Von for sending the Hood (Bonnet) striker pin --- and for free no less, you are great:):):).

Thanks to all who responded to this item,

Russ

PINECAT

Donation Time
I need one of these too!

Hi guys,

My hood striker and mounting plate are super loose and I could use a replacement. .. actually considering maybe welding mine after reading this thread. If anyone has a spare to fit a 65 Mk I Tiger, please let me know!
Thank you

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Most will crack sooner or later so the best bet is to weld it!