• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

bolt brands

venice532

Donation Time
I'm cleaning up a box of old sunbeam bolts and I discovered that there are 4 different makes of the 1/4-28 bolts- Frazer, Sparts, Wiley and Auto.

I'm pretty sure the Auto brand was used on my later tiger so the others must have come from a series 4 alpine and a mk1a tiger but both cars were in boxes when I bought them.

Anyone have any idea how/when these were used on sunbeams?

thanks
Bob
IMG_2019.jpg

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Some day in the far future, when our Alpines become extreeeeemly collectible, and they started getting into the Concourse Mega Million Mark. This information just might be real handy. Nice crisp photo of those bolts by the way. No helpful information from me though.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'd bet that Rootes, like most manufacturers, used different suppliers for bolts ( and such)
depending on who had the best deal of the day. This probably became more consistent in later
years as the profits were diminished and costs were more relevant. No proof to this, just a wild
guess from someone that used to be in manufacturing.

Cheers!
Steve

65beam

Donation Time
How much money was saved when Chrysler changed cylinder head vendors and eliminated the spark plug tubes? The bottom drawer of one of my roller cabinets is full of old bolts with most of them being from Beams that were parted out over the years. I won't use 50 year old bolts if they could possibly present a safety issue.