• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bob Kimes Series II Race Car

A

AlpineIan

Whew... I have the Kimes Alpine in epoxy primer and all tucked away for the winter. Still need to update the web site, but I'm very please with progress so far. Check it out!! www.bobkimes.com

napa 1

Donation Time
A very interesting read. I will enjoy following the restoration progress of this unique car.

A

AlpineIan

Thanks... It's going to be real nice. The history is really starting to fall into my lap. Doug Jennings has made contact with Nancy Frost, who was the second owner... I still need to call and talk to her. This is a well documented car.

64beam

Donation Time
HI Ian,

Thanks for the update. It's always great to read about the racing heritage of our beloved Alpines'. I will definately return to your site to check for further updates.

Regards, Robin.

A

AlpineIan

I took the LSD over to Doug Stockman for a complete inspection. Doug was very excited to see it and said it was totally unique and custom cast for the Alpine. It is a pre-Detroit Locker design with ratchet gears. Doug says it's in great condition, but if I break it we will need to have custom parts made.

The Kimes body is now in the rough body work phase. The drive train is all complete, just need to get it painted!

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Ian, what are your plans with this piece?
Will you be runnig nostalgia races or just collection/pleasure?
Looking forward to seeing it this fall, I've never taken the time to learn about the racing side of our cars, something I will get to.

A

AlpineIan

Both collection and races. I don't see myself racing every weekend... but maybe 3 to 4 races a year.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Ian,

Good to hear that progress is being made with the restoration. Do you have any more photo's of the progress to post for us? It is a pity that I will never see a bit of Sunbeam history running around a race track. You will have to get some video footage for us that are'nt in the states.

Regards, Robin.

A

AlpineIan

I really need to update the Bob Kime web site. I've been working on my other sites and building my shop and put it on the back burner. I'll do something with the site this week.

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Nancy Frost

New update: I just got a pack of information from Jere Teepen who was best friends with Nancy Frost's son. Jere has sent me copies of Nancy Frost's scrapbooks containg the entire racing history of this car from 1966 to 1970 after Bob sold it to Nancy.

It's really awesome stuff and too much to digest in one sitting. I need to sort through it and make a list of all the races she ran. There are some great pictures too. This stuff will add a whole new dimension to the bobkimes.com web site. I almost need to rewrite the whole thing.

To top it off, I got an email from Bill Baugh's granddaughter and she is going to put me in touch with him. If you recall, Baugh's Axle Service was the place that made the LSD for the Kimes car.