• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bob Hagin, Walnut Creek, CA

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Back to Bob Hagin....

Here was an advertisement from the Candlestick park races in 1965:

bobhaginsmall.jpg

This is a story about Bob's Rapier that Skip Adrian raced.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/sunbeam/office/scca_racer.html

suvacrew

Donation Time
Bob's son, Andy has a highly successful and renowned auto repair facility in Martinez, I mountain bike ride with him on occasion and he has been a great resource in my strive to tune my Alpine now fitted with a tuned 2.0 Ford engine.
His shop has pictures of some of his father's Sunbeam creations....with the likes of Jack Brabham and Sterling Moss.
His dad certainly still has a following and a legacy in print.

RootesRich

Donation Time
Bob's son, Andy has a highly successful and renowned auto repair facility in Martinez

Out of curiosity, what is the name of Andy's shop? When I bought my '67 in Richmond, CA the previous owner included receipts for repair work on the car from a shop in Martinez. I'm wondering if it's the same place.

Mike snyder

Donation Time
Do you have Andys Shop name and phone number? I have Bob Hagins 64 SIV GT this was his street car but its drive line has been very modified. I have a lot of questions about this car.
Mike Snyder

suvacrew

Donation Time
Name of Andy's shop is Hagin's Automotive, 925-228-5115.
He works on foreign (Jap) and domestic, and interestingly doesn't play on the UK legion of cars, but has mentioned snooping for a Tiger.
I take my Outback surf wagon to him, and he is far more efficient and responsive than any dealer except for my Audi dealer. I won't take my Subaru anywhere else now. I wish he worked on German and certainly these Sunbeams too.