• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Blew the doors off...

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
my friend in a 1965 Corvette Fast Back. Of course he didn't know he was in a race. That always helps.

Bill

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
I am still sulking about the soccer mom in her minivan who took me on the outside while on the cell phone. The Dark Side is drawing me in, I can feel it...

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I am still sulking about the soccer mom in her minivan who took me on the outside while on the cell phone. The Dark Side is drawing me in, I can feel it...

Ooooh, that's bad, being taken by someone that doesn't know she is in a race. Your lucky she was not swatting at kids in the back seat. That would be the ultimate put down!

Bill

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yeah..but at least I sounded fast!! When I was a kid, my Dad had 57 Dodge station wagon. He was 5"10", he could reach us in the back seat whole driving!

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Tracy,

I totally understand the feeling of not having enough power. I can help you achieve total liberation from this malady. ;-)

Just drop me a line and we can get started. There are at least five V6 Alpines in the Washington área already.

Jose

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Tracy,

I totally understand the feeling of not having enough power. I can help you achieve total liberation from this malady. ;-)

Jose

Jose, that's quite a statement! The Duratec has not totally liberated me. Perhaps you could post typical 3rd gear acceleration times for potential owners. The V6 owners seem to be too bashful to divulge this information.

Maybe I need to change engines.

Bill

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Tracy,

Just drop me a line and we can get started. There are at least five V6 Alpines in the Washington área already.

Jose

Thanks! I have a numbers matching Alpine and am a poor fabricator, doubt I could do it or afford it. On the other hand, it never has been reliable and I cannot go too many places because it is all freeway driving here. What is your email?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Tracy,

My email address is:

v6***_***jose***@*** yahoo***.com

Remove the asterisks and you've got it.

As far as you successfully completing your conversión, I have several customers that had never turned a wrench in their lives before, and they were able to do it. One guy enjoyed the experience so much, that he is presently finishing up his second V6 conversión. I had a customer that was 75 years old when he started his conversión, and he finished it. I presently have a 74 year old customer that is beginning his conversión. It takes no fabricating skills at all, because all the fabricating has been done already for you. There are several guys in the Seattle área that now have a V6 Alpine, and I'm sure that they would love to give you pointers as to how to do it. This conversión is soooo simple.

I know you'd love to have an Alpine that you could go on a road trip to anywhere with total confidence. I used to drive mine across country all the time. I took mine to the east coast and back twice. The Alpines just love the open road.

I can understand the desire to keep an original car with matching numbers, but to the folks that buy Alpines, it doesn't make a difference in the Price. Our favorite sports car just has never cought on with the croud.

If you send me your pone number and best time to call, I will call you and we can chat. Looking forward to talking to you.

Jose

Thanks! I have a numbers matching Alpine and am a poor fabricator, doubt I could do it or afford it. On the other hand, it never has been reliable and I cannot go too many places because it is all freeway driving here. What is your email?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jose, if your going to ignore my posts, please quit barging into my thread to sell your wares.

Bill

twospeed

Donation Time
Well I kicked some butt tonight with my car-----raced a stock 1976 Chevette,he got me out of the hole but it was all me after that---LOL.