• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bendix Radio

RootesRooter

Donation Time
For the stock purists, I'm not even sure if it's the correct radio for Series V cars. All of the Sunbeam Transistor radios I've encountered on Series V's had chrome knobs and buttons, while all the radios I've seen with black plastic knobs and buttons (like the one on eBay) were found on Arrow Range Alpine fastbacks and Arrow Sedans.

Not that black knobs makes it a bad radio - I put one in my Series V and it looks and works great.

But for that price, even NOS, I'd like to have the rare, Series V speaker box with it.

lord_rootes

Donation Time
For the stock purists, I'm not even sure if it's the correct radio for Series V cars. All of the Sunbeam Transistor radios I've encountered on Series V's had chrome knobs and buttons, while all the radios I've seen with black plastic knobs and buttons (like the one on eBay) were found on Arrow Range Alpine fastbacks and Arrow Sedans.

Not that black knobs makes it a bad radio - I put one in my Series V and it looks and works great.

But for that price, even NOS, I'd like to have the rare, Series V speaker box with it.

I've got one exactly like that. It came with all the spare parts with my Series II Alpine. It might well have been Arrow range as there were some other Arrow range parts in there as well.

Alan