• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bellhousing

M

mvmartin

Got my hands on a T5 Bellhousing for 1990 Ford Mustang 5.0. Can this be used with the BII engine?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Martin,

The 5.0 bellhousing will not fit the 2.8 V6 angine. It is for the V8, and the V8 is larger than the V6. The only bellhousing that will mate the 2.8 V6 and the T5 transmission, without a whole lot of work, is the one from a Mustang II, years 1974-1978.

Jose :)

Got my hands on a T5 Bellhousing for 1990 Ford Mustang 5.0. Can this be used with the BII engine?

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
bell housing

Just got mine back from the shop. $50.00 for the 3 mods; turning down the o/p shaft retainer to fit the Mustang II bell housing,cutting off the release bearing tube, and grinding the pilot bearing spud to fit the Pinto bearing. Is that a reasonable price?
As soon as I get this assembled and sure everything is ok I will have an extra bell housing for sale. It is "new', as having never been installed in a car.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
bell housing

Mike, you are right, it is the input shaft, not output. According to Jose, and if I understood what he was telling me, tha tube needs to be shortened about .50 to insure it does not hit the fingers oif the pressure plate. Any way, I had mine cut off. I will still measure it to be sure everything clears.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Doug,

You got a good price for all that work. It would normally cost $35/$40 just to have the input shaft done.

Just got mine back from the shop. $50.00 for the 3 mods; turning down the o/p shaft retainer to fit the Mustang II bell housing,cutting off the release bearing tube, and grinding the pilot bearing spud to fit the Pinto bearing. Is that a reasonable price?
As soon as I get this assembled and sure everything is ok I will have an extra bell housing for sale. It is "new', as having never been installed in a car.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I would just ask for the pilot bearing for the V6 Mustang II. I believe the one from the 2300 is the same, but to avoid any mistakes, just ask for the one for the 2.8 V6 Mustang II, with the four speed.

Jose,

Can you use the pilot bearing from either the 2000 or 2300?

Mike

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jose,

I see what you mean. I just seached an autoparts site and the same pilot was used in 4 and 6 cylinder Mustangs and Mustang II's.