• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

bell housing stabilizer bars

Derek

Donation Time
Having now a set of these to install, I am wondering about the fasteners used to do this. The rear hole in the bar to the sump is countersunk and the front is not. All of the bolts on the sump are just that, bolts. Not hard to deal with either way I approach it but it seems odd and the WSM does not mention these anywhere.

Thanks Derek
67 SV

agmason54

Donation Time
bell housing

D
I think they used studs in back and longer bolts in front.I think the stud was to line it up but I'm only guessing..
Agm

Derek

Donation Time
That begs another question. My sump is all bolts, no studs. What is it supposed to be?
Derek

twospeed

Donation Time
That begs another question. My sump is all bolts, no studs. What is it supposed to be?
Derek
The hole that has the taper is the hole that uses the stud with the special tapered nut.On mine they are the only studs used.

Derek

Donation Time
Thanks I'll try to set it up that way but have had trouble finding studs before with the fine threads that these cars have, plus that nut may prove to be a bit of a challenge, I know they exist, now to find them

Derek