• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Back to 'Beaming

C

Carol Scott

After several years of doing nothing with my Alpines I have been motivated to become active again. The final kicker was attending the San Diego British Car Day on Sunday and seeing a half dozen Alpines (+ 1 Tiger). I find no mention of the event on this Forum, so I guess none of the owners participated. It was nice.

It is encouraging to see so many familiar names still on the forum, so I know I will get excellent input when necessary.

My '67 SV has been 95% complete for so long that some hoses have rotted. I still need to get the VIN verified so the car can be registered. Of course there is no excuse for having to do this since I have owned the car for over 25 years. The good news is it starts right up every time I turn the key, and it sounds great with less than 500 miles since the engine rebuild in 1985-ish.

My '66 SV was acquired several years ago with a seized motor and will be getting torn apart for a complete rebuild as soon as the '67 is legal and out of the back yard.

Stay tuned folks.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
After several years of doing nothing with my Alpines I have been motivated to become active again. The final kicker was attending the San Diego British Car Day on Sunday and seeing a half dozen Alpines (+ 1 Tiger). I find no mention of the event on this Forum, so I guess none of the owners participated. It was nice.

It is encouraging to see so many familiar names still on the forum, so I know I will get excellent input when necessary.

My '67 SV has been 95% complete for so long that some hoses have rotted. I still need to get the VIN verified so the car can be registered. Of course there is no excuse for having to do this since I have owned the car for over 25 years. The good news is it starts right up every time I turn the key, and it sounds great with less than 500 miles since the engine rebuild in 1985-ish.

My '66 SV was acquired several years ago with a seized motor and will be getting torn apart for a complete rebuild as soon as the '67 is legal and out of the back yard.

Stay tuned folks.
Hi Carol,

It's good to see you back. I have often wondered if you still had your Alpines. It will be great to see pictures of your orange one when you get it on the road. It is a nice car. Welcome back!

Jose :)

gordonra

Donation Time
My Alpine isn't ready for a show, but it would have been fun to take a look at others. Unfortunately, I was unaware of the event.

Is there another club from down that way that we don't know about? Smitty is down there, and I'm sure there are several Alpiners in that area, none are members here?

Rich

The final kicker was attending the San Diego British Car Day on Sunday and seeing a half dozen Alpines (+ 1 Tiger). I find no mention of the event on this Forum, so I guess none of the owners participated. It was nice.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
What??!! No one else is going to welcomr Carol back to the forum?? I hope it isn't because I mentioned that one of her Alpines is orange. Her orange Alpine is a seriously nice looking car, and I would bet that it looks better than half of the cars owned by the guys on this board. It doesn't look like a pumpkin. You would be surprised just how good it looks in person. I know I was, when I first saw it.

Jose :)

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well, I'll say welcome back.

95% complete? Why isn't it on the road?

Nothing at all wrong with orange Alpines, I happen to own one. I think the color looks good on the body style, most people say the same. It seems the only one that does not like it is my wife.

Bill

gordonra

Donation Time
Definately, a welcome back is in order...

It is a rare day that someone doesn't stop to ask me about the Alpine on the days that I drive it. :)

There doesn't seem to be a lot of Alpine activity in the LA area. There are a couple of us that frequent the board.

SeriesII (Eric) has been trying to drum up some participants for the SoCalTT event for about three years with no success. Personally, my car just hasn't been ready to really get out on the highway since I bought it two years ago. That's about to change, but not in time for the event this year. Not sure when it is, but sometime in October.

Rich

C

Carol Scott

Hey folks. Thanks for the greetings.

Jose, it's especially nice to hear from you, being the only person on the forum who actually saw my cars. The orange one runs great every time I start her up, but she had a problem the last time I tried to drive her regularly (several years ago now). When the engine warmed up it would run rough and crap out. Once cooled would start up just fine. I replaced the head gasket, but the same thing happened.

Recent work: I recently replaced the coil, but need to get a temporary registration in order to road test her. I put a new soft top on (fun) and it looks pretty good. I replaced the fuel "T" (not fun - had forgotten what all this entailed) to keep gas off the exhaust.

I still need to put the window glass all back in (more fun anticipated).

Stay tuned gents.

gordonra

Donation Time
Hi Carol,

Maybe soon, when my Alpine is in a bit more road worthy, the wife and I could head your way for a short visit. My Alpine is orange too, Chrysler Prowler Orange!

Believe it or not, my wife has actually been out helping me sand the clear coat (until the fires broke out). If it cools off again and we can breath a little better, maybe I can get her to help some more.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I'm guessing you need new needle valve(s) for the Strombergs. To confirm, start up the car with the air cleaners off. You should be able to see fuel streaming out of the jet(s) in a small river, meaning the needle valves are worn out/gummed up and letting too much fuel go into the float bowls, allowing them to simply overflow thru the jet.

Hey folks. Thanks for the greetings.

Jose, it's especially nice to hear from you, being the only person on the forum who actually saw my cars. The orange one runs great every time I start her up, but she had a problem the last time I tried to drive her regularly (several years ago now). When the engine warmed up it would run rough and crap out. Once cooled would start up just fine. I replaced the head gasket, but the same thing happened.

Recent work: I recently replaced the coil, but need to get a temporary registration in order to road test her. I put a new soft top on (fun) and it looks pretty good. I replaced the fuel "T" (not fun - had forgotten what all this entailed) to keep gas off the exhaust.

I still need to put the window glass all back in (more fun anticipated).

Stay tuned gents.

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
:) Hi Carol,
I lived in Rubidoux for 13 years, over by FlaBob, I flew out of there a lot. Where are you located. I was over at Pick A Part one day and there was a Alpine sitting right at the fence with a $400 price tag on it and I almost bought it, but that was about 15 years ago. Nice to know there is a Beamer in Riverside.
We all are hopeing you are sucessful with your Sunbeam, we will all do what we can to help you to be sucessful.
Cheers,
Alpine Bob
Warner Robins, GA