• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Auto Transmission Parts

howard

Donation Time
Need a drive plate (4-bolt) and a starter ring gear (22 spline input shaft) for a BW T35 automatic. Anybody have these in useable condition?

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I have a flywheel and torqe converter and the converter has been rebuilt! I would make you a good deal on this, the teeth on the ring gear are in great shape.:cool:

howard

Donation Time
Thanks for the offer George, but I'm having my TC rebuilt at this time. Otherwise...

Now I'm in need of the flex plate. It's the only part keeping me from finishing this transmission rebuild. (As it turns out, the shop rebuilding the TC are making me a new ring gear.)

65beam

Donation Time
auto trans parts

i have most of the parts for the automatic along with three new convertors .

howard

Donation Time
There's a stud (for alignment?) that fits in the fifth hole. The transmission guy didn't mention the smaller ring plate... so I'd err on the side of buying one just to be sure. The O.D. of the plate I have is 9-3/8". The inside hole's diameter is 2-1/2". If that matches what you've got, I'm sure they could drill the stud hole in position and make it work.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Von, I have the complete drive train, fan to rear end, from B9404213. When I took it apart the flex plate was only held with four bolts and no alignment hole. The bolts were placed from the rear of the engine side of the crank. Next the flex plate was set to the end of the crank followed by the smaller ring plate. Two locker plates were then put over a pair of bolts and after tightening the nuts and bolts the tabs were bent over the nuts to prevent them from backing off. The smaller ring is a reinforcement plate. I should be able to get comparison measurements this week as the parts are in storage about 20 miles away from my home. Jeff

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Hi Von, just got home with the measurements of my parts. The flex plates are identical except for the alignment hole in yours. The smaller reinforcement ring is made of 3/16 inch material, the hole is 2 7/8 inches and the diameter is 4 3/8 inches. See attached pic link for 0416, 0417. These shots are of the two pieces stacked together. In the parts manual look in Section A plate B for part #46 which is the locker tab plate for the bolts. For the flex plate and the reinforcement ring go to Section H plate A and look for parts #3 and #4. Jeff
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2552101300100474824iJskBG?vhost=rides

howard

Donation Time
I found one of these tab plates (part 46 on plate B section A) in amongst my spare parts and wondered what the heck it was! Now I know not to throw it away. Thanks Jeff!

howard

Donation Time
Last call! HHHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!! I really need this drive/flex plate. Anybody have one for sale?:confused:

howard

Donation Time
Just a public "THANK YOU" to George for saving my bacon and sending me this part. Once again the guys on this forum have really helped me out. Now the only part I need is a NOS case of $100.00 bills...:D