• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Australian members I have a question...

dmich2

Donation Time
OK I need some help from SAOCA members in Australia. I'm looking at a company 'down-under', Scott's Old Auto Rubber, in Oakleigh, Victoria. Anyway, I'm trying to understand the currancy exchange thing. Here's the email I received from them; CP461 $19.80 ea AUD postage approx $10.00 AUD for USD use http://www.xe.net/pca/
(Currency Converter)
. I'm a little slow. :eek: So are they saying the part is $19.80 in Australian dollars with $10.00 shipping, also in AUD, and with the conversion it's $23.37 ???? in US dollars. That's what it seems to be saying, I just want to be sure. And have any of you done business with this company?

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis

alpine_64

Donation Time
Denis,

They are a good compamy.. and if you are buying parts from Au and you live in the USA.. enjoy.. our $ just took a thumping last night and is dropping.. this is the worst thing for me personally.. as in it has done this 12 hours before i have to send a bunch of AU$ to USA..

times AU$ x .77 to get USA

Wombat

Donation Time
Dennis

Another thing to remember when looking at prices in Australia is that we have a 10% GST. This is not charged when things are sold overseas. From memory Scotts have the prices with and without GST or tell local buyers to add the GST.

I have not dealt with them personally, but they have been around for years so they must be doing something right. Their bread and butter is bits for Australian Fords and Holdens.