• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Atlanta Area Rome Show(Berry College)

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Who's going ? We talked briefly about a caravan to Rome, but never really made any plans. Bob, Dwain, you guys are going around the West side of town correct ? Steve(sd_pace) has volunteered his place to meet for the "east siders" We'll most likely need to get an early start.

Tom j

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Tom & The EastSiders,
Yes, Judy and I will be leaving from Dwain's early Saturday and driving up to Barry College. Judy and I will be staying over and coming back on Sunday. There will be a group coming from Marietta and Kennesaw also, You might run in to them on your way by. See you all on Saturday the 17th.
Cheers,
Bob

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hey Bob, Are you going to meet up with the Marietta group ? We'd be interested in ganging up too, hopefully it'll be Steve, Allen, and Tom j with 3 cars (not too sure about 2 of them though) We're going to try and replace the head gasket in my car so it can be driven to the show but.........we'll see. Allen's is almost finished at the shop.............another we'll see.........
See you Saturday..

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Tom/Steve/Allan,
We will be caravaning with Dwain on Saturday morning, I will try to get a hold of the Marietta group today and let you know what their status will be. We'll see you all on Saturday. Good luck with the head gasket.
Bob

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Well the Berry College British Car Show is history for 2008. We had 14 cars, 4 Tigers, 1 IMP, 1 Hillman Minx Convert, and 8 Alpines, 2 Series II's, 1 Series IV, and 5 Series V's. It was a great show.

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yep, It was lots of fun, did we have the BEST spot on the field or what ? hill, shade, breeze, you couldn't have dreamt of better weather, nice relaxing back road drive to the show and back.
Plus a good size Sunbeam turn out. There were some exceptional cars attending (besides all the Sunbeams) '60 Jensen 541 S What a beautiful car, plus a really nice Jag Sedan, and of course the usual MG's and and a nice showing of Healeys. All in all a very worthwhile event...

Tom j

I'll try to post a few pics in the next day or two

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Tom and Bob,

Please post some pictures of the Berry College Show. This was the first year I have missed that show in 6 years. Denise and I were in San Francisco for the week. I was wondering while I was out there how the show here was going. Good to hear that the turn-out was great.

Cheers,

Todd

sd_pace

Donation Time
Hey I saw that little blue bubble car on the sunday morning show... that fella has a warehouse here in georgia full of all kinds of little cars... i even saw a fiat 600D in the group...

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
600D, I had one of those as a kid, my third car rear engine, water cooled, fun at the beach

Tom j