• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Assorted Alpines for sale

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Finally lost my storage up in Wisconcin. An SV in fair shape, complete running gear, Fiberglass hardtop, wire wheels, I don't recall it having seats but I do have a couple decent sets to choose from. Secondly, I have a rolling shell SIII, this is a very solid car. The other two I'm not sure what Series they are, I know one is an early finned body, the other is I believe an SIV. I bought these as a lot a couple years ago, I know I have motors and trannys for them (not installed).
Within the next 10 days or so I will have them all at my shop 40 miles west of Chicago, at that time I will take pictures to post and or send to interested parties.
Will give club members first chance, then ebay, then sawsall.
Hope to make someone happy, as I think at least a couple of these are real good restoration candidates.
This last year just keeps getting better and better:(:(

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Jeff,

That's a bummer. As always I am available to help if you need it. How far into Wisconsin are they? I can tag along with my pickup if you need more load hauling.

Todd

T

tomward

lemans harrington

do you have any harrington parts? specifically, i need the letter "M" which is on the front and back of the car( i need1)
also, do you have an overdrive transmission (ROOTES) and its drive shaft (standard transmission is too long)

robertg

Donation Time
Jeff I would be interested in an early series body, when you get a chance e-mail me some pics thanks bob

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
do you have any harrington parts? specifically, i need the letter "M" which is on the front and back of the car( i need1)
also, do you have an overdrive transmission (ROOTES) and its drive shaft (standard transmission is too long)

All of the letters to make up the word "SUNBEAM" are available brand new from Sunbeam Specialities and Classic Sunbeam.

B

Bob Laughlin

Help! Early 50s Alpine in Phila needs new home fast

Hello folks. This message is from Bob Laughlin a fine Philadelphia fellow who owns a Sunbeam Alpine (but not a computer) and it has sat idle for 30 yrs. He is pressed to move the vehicle quickly and we thought this forum would be the best place to start asking for help.

If there are Philadelphia area members of SAOCA who would be interested in the vehicle in its entirety or merely for parts, please send your inquiry. Bob is willing to swap it for Triumph motorcycle parts.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Hello folks. This message is from Bob Laughlin a fine Philadelphia fellow who owns a Sunbeam Alpine (but not a computer) and it has sat idle for 30 yrs. He is pressed to move the vehicle quickly and we thought this forum would be the best place to start asking for help.

If there are Philadelphia area members of SAOCA who would be interested in the vehicle in its entirety or merely for parts, please send your inquiry. Bob is willing to swap it for Triumph motorcycle parts.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bob, you'd have better luck starting your own post on this as many poeple have considered where the location of these cars are and you might have better luck with new readers by listing it seperately. Philadelphia is a long ways from Wisconcin,

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
OK guy's, I have all but one of the Alpines down at my shop near Chicago.

I have 2 Series I, or II's (still need to look up the vin's) Both cars are in good to very good condition. One with wires, the other bolt on wheels. The structural areas are actually the best I've seen in most. I also have 2 hardtops in pretty good shape.

I have a Series III, which I thought was the best of all as the exterior is in beautiful shape with what had been a new paint job before sitting for who knows how long, problem is, the frame is SHOT! Wire wheels. What's really strange is that the original floorpans are in great shape, weird.

I then have a Seies V, it's been redone at some point with noticable filler in the rockers, floors aren't bad, complete drivetrain, wire wheels and a Parish (I believe) fiberglass hardtop (needs work).

I've been able to find outside storage for them on pavement, and will keep them covered, although the interiors are in poor shape, I would hate to see the floorpans go bad after all these years!

I'm not giving them away but not looking to score big on them either, three of them came in a package deal with a Tiger and the money will be going towards that project. The Series III I'm thinking will go to a custom full frame project if not sold, and one of the early cars would make a nice candidate for a V6, if I don't sell the V, I'll probably give it a quickie redo and sell it next summer.

So, if anyone is interested in any one of these in particular, or any pieces as I may just part some of them out, I can send photo's rather than take up the space here.

I'll get a list of the vin's together as soon as I get a chance and add them to this post.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Sure Todd, It might be next week as I have been running crazy (no punn intended) for the last few weeks and the rest of this week is no different.
As I say though, the frame is SHOT!

SDuncan

Donation Time
Jeff,

Would any of these be good candidates for a V6 swap? A solid body would be a major prerequisite.

Gary M

Donation Time
Would you be willing to sell the parrish top separate? I am in Portland Oregon where it rains a lot and my alpine is my daily driver. If you are willing could you please send me photos and what you want for it?

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Jeff,

Would any of these be good candidates for a V6 swap? A solid body would be a major prerequisite.

Yes Scott, the 2 early series cars have excellent frame and underbody, with just a little rust in the outer rockers. The inner rockers are in great shape though.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Would you be willing to sell the parrish top separate? I am in Portland Oregon where it rains a lot and my alpine is my daily driver. If you are willing could you please send me photos and what you want for it?

Gary, I'm not sure if it's worth as much as shipping plus cost, I'll see if it goes with the car first and get back to you.