• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

ARP Head Studs

jbarnes67

Donation Time
Anyone know what the specs on the original head studs are ie. exact length diameter, thread pitch and count as well as hardness of material, or has anyone ordered studs from ARP and have a good part number. Contacted ARP about studs, and they don not have a listing for sunbeams but said if they were to recieve the specs of the factory studs that they would have no problem fabricating them for me. Any help would be appreciated. I am currently dislocated from my shop or I would collect the information myself.

Sincerely

James

Jim E

Donation Time
Seem to recall when I did head studs on my big 1725 there were no direct replacement studs, actually I am pretty darn sure about this because I ended up going up one size in diameter and drilling and tapping the block for the new studs. This also requires some work on the holes in the head to get it to slid over the larger studs.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I bought some off the shelf ARP studs, but they didnt sell a 3/8 fine at both ends. They did have a fine at one end and a coarse at the other.

Just required me to rethink my torque figures, but it worked out fine.

If you torque based on fastener stretch then better yet.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hmmm... I just tore down my '67 Series V 1725 engine and the only two studs were the to at the far ends of the manifold side of the head. All the rest were 5/8" headed bolts. What's up here?

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Hmmm... I just tore down my '67 Series V 1725 engine and the only two studs were the to at the far ends of the manifold side of the head. All the rest were 5/8" headed bolts. What's up here?

Thats normal, the two end studs act as a guide for the head and gasket .