• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Area Chapters (Chicagoland area)

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
quote..Jeff - that was the original intent when we started the club years ago - develop regional chapters, with chapter presidents and leadership, and grow. Unfortunately it didn't seem to work out that way

Send an email to Rich Vose with details on which area you'd like to cover and he'll be able to help you out.

We need more people like you to step up in their regions and promote the club and the Alpine with get-togethers.

Thanks Jeff! ..end quote

When I first joined the club, it was partially due to the add I found for an SV shell, being sold by Tom Weincek. After contacting him he told me about the club and how he was the "Chapter President". Unfortunately over the past 4 years Tom seems to have become less involved with things.
I'd REALLY like for Tom to re-involve himself and try to get things going around here, Chicagoland area.
I don't by any means want a title, but I would like a list in order to contact some of my local brethren to try to stir things up a bit. I had forwarded the last (by me) known e-mail address for Tom to Rich I believe, has anyone been in contact? Surely someone still has his phone number from the old "TW Autimotive"
I think the local chapter thing is very important to the club, I know it would help Invasion attendance. I also think it would keep the "higher-ups" from burning out from having to take care of everything.
I think some of the original goals and characteristics of the original club need to be revisited, sometimes the first ideas are the best ideas.

Anyone in the Chicago area wishing to become more involved in monthly events/get togethers, please contact me so we can generate a list of those who would like to participate.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Regional Chapters

You know, I've been thinking of the same thing! I know where 3 Alpines in my area are, but they're mine!! I would really like to get some local Alpine guys/gals together. I know in my local muli make club, I'm the only Alpine, so I guess I'll contact Rich and see what I can put together! Anyone in the Hudson Valley region of NY please contact me.

Cheers!!
Steve

RootesRich

Donation Time
After discussing this subject with SAOCA Officers, we're going to set up an section in the Members' Area to view the current membership roster. This way, members will have contact info of other members in their respective areas. Look for this area to be set up in the coming month.

Obviously, we're going to provide this info only for SAOCA purposes. If we find a member has distributed this information for purposes other than the original intent, disciplinary actions will occur. Addtionally, any member that wishes to keep their contact info confidential, may do so by simply contacting any of the SAOCA Officers.

napa 1

Donation Time
It would be great to see membership geographically. I believe on the old forum you could search membership by state. I'd love to get a group together in Northern California.. we get so envious out here listening to all the invasion talk etc. How does a weekend of wine tasting and Alpine talk in the beautiful Napa Valley sound?

RootesRich

Donation Time
In the interest of time, for now we're just going to post a copy of the Membership Spreadheet, but I can have it organized geographically by State.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Regional Chapters

How about a Brunch and a drive starting in Reno and going around Lake Tahoe?

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Local Chapters

Well, I've heard from one Alpiner, in New Jersey that I've known for a while. Now we just have to get four or five other guys together and go for a drive!
We have some unbeliveably beautiful roads around here and it would be fantastic to see a bunch of Alpines running all over them! C'mon guys I know you're out there... contact me!

Cheers!
Steve

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
:eek: Hello from Georgia, I'm the Atlanta Area Chapter President, we have not had a get to gether since last year when we took a cruise from Newnan, had breakfast in Sharpesburg, then drove the country side thru GA and on to Alabama for lunch and drove to the mountains to the highest point in AL. That was a great all day trip. We had 7 Sunbeams and a Mini. We plan one these trips about once a year. Now I have moved to Warner Robins, GA in middle GA, but we can still get together for some more of these neat cruises. Green67Alpine, Tom J. or any other local Sunbeam owners or even wanabees, send me an email to alpinebob at cox dot net, so we can plan a get together and talk Alpines or whatever.

RootesRich

Donation Time
Membership Roster

The Membership Roster has been posted in the "Member Login" area. The Roster is listed in alphabetical order by State. Please use the Roster for Club contact only.