• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

April 5+6 2024- Columbia, SC Invasion.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
This year Sunbeam will be the featured marque for this British car show as it is the Tiger's 60th anniversary!

There will be a Tiger class, Alpine class, and a Rare Rootes class (Hillmans, Imps, Harringtons, Humbers, etc. ).
The event registration form and more Invasion info will be posted soon and all cars in any condition are welcome. No car to bring? No problem, come join us anyway!

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Looking forward to attending another Great Event.
Thanks Eric & Bonnie for making it happen

DanR

studmobile

Diamond Level Sponsor
And Dave, as I remember this was a long term labor of love, doing most of the work yourself. How about a little more info about your Series 1? David H

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Car is mostly complete and runningView attachment 30283. Not show quality, but plan on bringing it.
Original Series I (?) (same thistle grey scarlet with black piping) 2 ft looks like an advertisment from back in the day...this is going to be the first car I look for! There's nothing more entertaining (to me) than having an owner of an original Alpine, restored or original, talk about what ain't show quality! About as good as it gets.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Last edited:

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Invasion hotel info
We have a block of rooms at our usual hotel the Wingate by Wyndham in Lexington, SC
Room rates are $119. Call 803-957-5000 to get the special rate and tell them you are with the Sunbeam car club.
This block of rooms expires on March 4th so make reservations now!
Here is the hotel website https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/winga...xington/overview?CID=LC:7hcm1fujuihd89e:30544

As always, we will have a huge swap meet and hospitality suite opening on Friday morning so come early and join us!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Finally got the Orange Project engine to run, so there is hope. Do you have a "partially finished" Mongrel Alpine class?
Bill

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Any Rootes car in any condition is welcome! Or come with your daily driver and have fun talking Sunbeam with everyone.

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
This year Sunbeam will be the featured marque for this British car show as it is the Tiger's 60th anniversary!
There will be one extra popular voting class too-Modified Alpine. This is for all V-6 cars or any Alpine with a non standard engine. Algers too.
There will be a Tiger class, Alpine class, Modified Alpine class, and a Rare Rootes class (Hillmans, Imps, Harringtons, Humbers, etc. ).
The event registration form and more Invasion info will be posted soon and all cars in any condition are welcome. No car to bring? No problem, come join us anyway!
Looking at the registration link there isn't a Modified Alpine, just all car Special & Modified

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
I tried again to get a class for just V6 Alpines but no go. If you have a V6 Alpine or modified engined car just register under the Alpine class. We plan on having personal voting and an award just for the Invasion entrants for the best modified engined Alpine at this show. Do not register in the Special and Modified class!

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Schedule for the 2024 Invasion

Friday April 5th
Set-up the swap meet in the host hotel parts room which opens at 10 AM. Snacks and drinks all day long with pizza and subs in the parts room at 6 PM. A few tech sessions during the day, tire kicking in the parking lot, and socializing all day long!

Saturday April 6th British Car Show and Tartan Day Festival at the Columbia Motor Speedway 8:30 – 3:30. Pay as you go dinner will be at The Flight Deck at 7:00 pm. https://www.flightdeckrestaurant.net/

Sunday April 7th Sunbeams head for home

Please let me know if you plan on joining us so we can have enough food and supplies for everyone at the hospitality room at the host hotel. There is no charge for SAOCA sponsoring members and donations from non members are appreciated. Make sure you reserve your hotel room early to get the best rates and fill out the car registration form and mail it soon!
If you are not bringing a Sunbeam you must still register for the car show to get the lower admission price.
Also this year if you are bringing a car trailer please let me know. We will have trailer parking in a locked parking lot near the hotel.

Last edited:

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Eric, not going to make it this year, Will be headed north for a few days w/ the family. Sorry to miss it

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Eric, I just made reservations at the Motel for myself and son Daniel. Will be sending in my registration Form and Check for the Saturday Event.

Sure wish they did on-line registrations.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Forgot to mention I will be trailering because I have an engine and transmission being delivered to the Event to haul back home.

Unforturnately Blue Boy will not handle that kind of load:)

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Parts, parts, and more parts! Bring them for our huge swap meet on Friday. Last year we overflowed into the parking lot. We will also have a table or two for parts you want to give away. One man's trash is another's treasure!