• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Anyone know whose Harrington this is?

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but this popped up when I was searching for something else and I was intrigued.... anyone know whose Harrington this is? Lovely cover shot, anyway.

1710465575454.jpeg

alpine_64

Donation Time
Iirc this one is know ... Jerry Logan might chime in as he can confirm the current owner.. but iirc was one of the 3 north American promotional Harringtons

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Iirc this one is know ... Jerry Logan might chime in as he can confirm the current owner.. but iirc was one of the 3 north American promotional Harringtons
Yeah, that's a good recollection - it does have California dealer tags, so???

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
The April, 1962 Sports Car Graphic (SCG) Harrington Le Mans (HLM) was in the official Rootes factory HLM's promotional photo. Interesting note in the SCG article this HLM never came with an overdrive. Quote: "Our test car was not equipped with the optional overdrive."

1710609797677.png1710611422638.jpeg

It subsequently appeared in the June,1962 Road & Track issue as a cover car.
Road & Track HLM cover car.jpg
1710612503545.png

Because of the California Dealer license plate 2930 appearing on both publications. The late Janne Iggbom, creator of the Sunbeam Harrington site (http://www.sunbeamharrington.org/), theorized that the Road & Track and Sports Car Graphic Harrington Le Mans was from a Los Angeles California Rootes Dealership (I concur). Iggbom then believed it might be the same Harrington Le Mans located in New Zealand. This has never been confirmed.

My promotional HLM appeared on Car and Driver April, 1962 (attached photo).

Probably best to put this thread in the Harrington Alpine forum.

Attachments

• Promotional HLM.jpg
    Promotional HLM.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
I happen to know someone in Hughson CA, who owns two Harrington LeMans: one LHD and one RHD. Could that be what your are looking for?