• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Anti rattle springs

snamelc

Donation Time
My 1961 Series II had springs that went under the pins that held the front brake pads to keep them from rattling. It worked very well. Now my 1962 Series II brake pads rattle incessantly... no springs. I haven't been able to find a source for these, and apparently Rootes used different calipers during the run as the springs from the '61 won't work on my '62. My WSM shows a different spring that might work but I haven't seen such in any catalog, either Moss, Victoria British, or SS. Anyone out there solved this dilemma?

Bill

snamelc

Donation Time
OK, so nobody has a solution. So you just let 'em rattle? I realize it isn't causing any damage... just an annoyance. (The wife more than me) I'll see what I can come up with and get back to you if I'm successful.

Bill

65beam

Donation Time
springs

you could go to your local auto parts and buy a spray can of the red stuff to spray the pads so they don't rattle.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
They are not easy to find but there is a anti rattle shim that goes behind the pad. I may have some if you can not find them, I think the spray stuff is better.:cool:

Last edited:

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
Anti-Rattle Brake Pads

The Series I and II used the spring clips to hold down the pads for anti-rattle as well as the stainless steel inserts that were included to prevent squeal from the pads. I have not found any clips like original but I will try to make something work to hold the pads in place.