• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Another Flame Trap question

Boobtube

Silver Level Sponsor
My S IV was missing the flame trap but has the hose fitting for it on the oil filler. However, the previous owner replaced the original carb with a Weber carb so there is no place for the other end of the hose to connect to. What would be the best solution? Leave the oil filler opening just as is with nothing connected to it? Run a hose down to the ground from the oil filler connection like a down draft tube? Drill into the air filter cover and connect a hose with a flame trap back to the carb?

65beam

Donation Time
question

My cars with the weber have this setup. The filter base has an opening for the hose.

Attachments

• 107_1011.jpg
    107_1011.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Boobtube

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks

Thanks 65, I removed the air filter and low and behold, there was the port for that hose. I didn't see it with the filter on. Thanks!

JJames

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have a weber and I punched a hole in the front left corner of the bottom of the air cleaner housing and fitted a brass pex elbow in a grommet and the flame trap hose is attached to it. Works fine.