• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Altrnator Adjustmet Bracket

ChrisR

Donation Time
I am looking for an Alternator adjustment bracket - SV. Mine has snapped along the slot, both sides.
S.S. Have none and local auto stores do not have anything either. One of them said I should go to my dealer !!!

Thanks Chris
(Cold in Montreal)

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
I am looking for an Alternator adjustment bracket - SV. Mine has snapped along the slot, both sides.
S.S. Have none and local auto stores do not have anything either. One of them said I should go to my dealer !!!

Thanks Chris
(Cold in Montreal)
I would take it to a good welding shop. They should be able to reinforce the break with metal strips and weld it together,

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Chris, Which of these looks like what you need?

The one up top is from my SIV

The other one with the double flanges is from my SV

Attachments

• 20180102_112901.jpg
    20180102_112901.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180102_112801.jpg
    20180102_112801.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 17

ChrisR

Donation Time
Dan,
They are the main mounting brackets that you show. I need the bracket to set belt tension.
I think that mine shown is wrong (SIV), when a SV should be flat.
My "double flange" mounting bracket is still ok
Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 18

65beam

Donation Time
The replacement bracket sold by Chrysler did not have the bend. It was a flat piece and required the use of a spacer between the alternator and the bracket. The spacers are readily available at any hardware store. Here's a photo of our series 5 using this setup.100_0549.JPG 107_1011.JPG 107_1011.JPG

65beam

Donation Time
The green car is the same setup on our series 4. This car had a new series 5 wiring harness added when Tiger Auto restored the body a few years back.

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
Chris, See photos of a bracket I have here in my collection that I believe is the one used on a V. It is about 4 inches long and about 1/8 inch thick. The slot is just over 2 inches in length. I also have the spacer if you need one.

Rick

Attachments

• P1110420r.jpg
    P1110420r.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 19
  • P1110421r.jpg
    P1110421r.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 18

ChrisR

Donation Time
Rick,
Flat bracket with spacer will work just fine.
How much do you want for it?

Will still try to get old one weld repaired as a spare.

thanks
Chris

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
Chris,

Not looking for any money on this one. Just PM me your mailing address and I will get the parts out to you. Glad to help.
Rick