• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alternator - Jose's Kit

V6 Mark

Donation Time
Does anyone have a pic of Jose's alternaotr bracket mounted to the car (is it on the U.S. drivers side?) I recall it fits Delco (I have Lucas) but I can't quite see which bolt holes it uses in the block.

I'd prefer to mount it on the US Passenger side if possible (my driver side) - originally it was fitted this side but I think it will foul the inner wheel arch - V6_Mad any tips Chris??

thanks chaps

britbeam

Donation Time
Joses bracket is mounted on the US drivers side. Sorry as my alternator is installed I cant get a good pic. I adapted a smaller alternator orignaly used for a 1973 datsun truck. Its smaller and looks like it was orignal equipment its made by Hitachi (Advance Auto Parts P/N 14231)Lifetime warranty. I had to drill out the mount holes to 3/8" and use some spacers to fit into Joses bracket. Very easy and works great.
Dwain V6 Krazy

chris

Donation Time
I used a Power Master Alternator, like britbeams' it's smaller and looks original. I hope the attached photo shows what you need to see.

chris

Donation Time
I can't figure out how to attach the photo. Mark pm. me your email address and I'll send the photo directly to you.

V_Mad

Donation Time
Mark, I put mine on the left side. I reused the alternator already fitted to the 4 cyl engine. The adjuster bracket may have come from the 4 cyl or V6 donor car, I cant remember. The other bracket I made myself.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sharon,

I noticed on your pics that the front cross member was "notched" out. Is it necessary to do that?

Mike

sharong

Donation Time
Mike,
On my car it was. I put the V6 into an automatic Alpine and things were just a little different on this car then on a standard Alpine. There were a few minor changes to make to work the V6 in. I have noticed that a few people talk about notching out the front cross member. I think it partly depends on how your car was put together and the size of your pulleys. The pulley I used was from a Ranger and I had it turned down to just one grove. I think the mustang pulley might be a little smaller in diameter and that may fit a little closer with no notching of the cross member. Mine was really close, and I probably could have not made the notch, but I wanted to be safer then sorry in the long run.

Sharon