• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alternative Tie Rod Ends

mferris

Donation Time
For my '66 SV Alpine - neither Sunbeam Specialities, nor Classic Sunbeam appear to have tie-rod ends in stock (or at least a full set). Is there an alternative vehicle's ends that I could use and order from Moss/other?

I have not tried Victoria British - as the last set I got from them, while usable, seemed a little on the weak side.

-M

alpine_64

Donation Time
Mike, I see some on eBay UK snd Australia ... I guess depends how fast you need them, the UK sunbeam suppliers like speedy spares

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
There are alternatives.
You can try MG tie rod ends.
Mustang II will fit. It's been so long since I used them.I forget if you need 2 pair as like in RH or,LH thread

mferris

Donation Time
Fool me twice. I ended up buying a set of Tie Rod Ends from VB. Softest threads I've ever seen. I've ruined 2 end of the 4 just trying to get one side on. I could not even hand tighten to the 30ft-lbs as indicated in the WSM.

Funny how a short job can turn into several weeks of waiting for parts.

-M

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Fool me twice. I ended up buying a set of Tie Rod Ends from VB. Softest threads I've ever seen. I've ruined 2 end of the 4 just trying to get one side on. I could not even hand tighten to the 30ft-lbs as indicated in the WSM.

Funny how a short job can turn into several weeks of waiting for parts.

-M

Hi, I too just tried Sunbeam Specialties and they were out. I ended up getting them from Alpine West Midlands in the UK. Very helpful and really quick response to my e-mails.