• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpines on Craigslist

britbeam

Donation Time
Hey Guys I just noticed there are 5 Alpines on Atlanta, Georgia Craigslist. Are they any good you be the judge just passing on what I saw.
Dwain V6 Krazy

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
atlanta alpines

The Lake Toxaway car is , in my opinion a parts car, and I think it has an overdrive. I looked at it twice when it was on sale in Wake Forest, NC , just north of Raleigh, where it had set outside for about 10 years. I saw pictures recently, maybe on ebay, that showed all the rust, and there is a lot.

cbroadbooks

Donation Time
Alpine SV in Douglasville

I looked at the red one in Douglasville last week. He wouldn't tell me a price over the phone, so I drove down to look at it.

It wouldn't crank.

There had been a bit of creative engineering in the engine compartment, but not bad.

Front had been banged up a bit and not straightened very well.

Original color was black.

The new red color was extremely thick in some areas. (Wonder if it's hiding anything?)

Paint was fish-eyed in bunches of places. Other places, it was orange peeled.

Some rust was visible underneath, but not too bad.

Where the inside of the door frame meets with the rubber seal, there were some rust bubbles. I didn't see any rust bubbles in the paint along the bottom of the door.

He's going on NADA value which he said stated $6500 in rough condition. I wish he had told me that before I drove 4 hours down and subsequently, 4 hours back.