• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpines near Columbia, SC

dmich2

Donation Time
I can't really tell with all the leaves, but is there really 3500.00 worth of usable parts?

Near our SCAT clan. Eric? These aren't in your back yard are they?

Dennis

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
What's with the fancy transmission cover on the pink car? Looks like of the photos is of a TR. Very sad piles of rust.

I hate rust.

Bill

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
A local high priced junkyard with lots of cars sitting outside for over 30 years. Junk being the key word......

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
It's got a horn ring....

Looks like a couple of rare Series I Alpines with quite a few useable parts that a someone might put on e-bay with Rootes boxes in the photos and make quite a profit on. Nothing wrong with that. Buy 'em Eric. Sort them out, tell us what's what. Make a profit. But really no sense in calling it junk. Not here. Tell it to the dealer. Aren't Series I steering wheels larger than other steering wheels? I wonder if the horn rings are larger also?

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
There comes a time when doing business with the wrong person is not worth the profit. And I promise there is very little profit here when you calculate you time trying to separate these rusty parts. I know this field of cars better than anyone in the Sunbeam world. After my divorce 15 years ago I went there and started parting some of these cars out to help get these parts into the hands of us owners of Sunbeams. I will not go into detail on how that adventure worked out! Yep, it's right here in our backyard but as Eric described it, they are junk. They should have been saved 20 years ago! But, since nobody would do business with them they just sat and rotted away. Field of dreams here is a field of nightmares.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Back yard

Haven't they become part of his back yard? Not much left and a true shame but maybe a few nuggets have slipped tween the cracks. Rootes boxes? take a lot more then that to sell corroded pot metal.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
15 years can be a long time, and also a short time. Says he'd 80 now and in poor health. I talked to him about a year ago and found him to be a very nice guy, and very optimistic about the value of his collection.

agmason54

Donation Time
Beamers
Bill Broome dont give a damn.Therefore he is great to me.I spent a whole day with him. He had a pair of Steerman bi-planes when l was there.He said being a pilot was as boring as driving a bus so he opened the junkyard.He does have a whole room of NOS stuff that make makeyou all drool so l would blow in.Bring lots of cash..
Agm