• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine wanted, England

mackem

Donation Time
I'm looking for an Alpine. A good solid one would be nice, but I can't take on too much rust, doesn't matter too much about cosmetics. Unfinished project, barn find, untidy runner. GT/convertible. Information of one for sale. I live in the north, so would prefer northern England or Scotland but will travel if have to. 07845689534 Eddie

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Eddie,

Have you tried the Sunbeam car club in the UK or even Ebay UK? I am not sure how much money you want to spend, but I am sure if you try those two you will be able to find something satisfactory. Here is the Sunbeam Alpine UK web address: http://www.saoc.demon.co.uk/index1.htm .

Good luck,

Regards, Robin.

mackem

Donation Time
Thanks, i'm watching Ebay UK. the SAOC doesn't really change a lot, one car for sale every couple of months.
This forum seems to see a lot of action. I seen a couple of Britson here, are there many of us Brits use this forum?

nickraymond

Donation Time
I'm a brit!
i'd suggest eBay, the owners club for sales ticks over so slowly, I guess most owners just want to put on ebay and know in 7 day's they'll have money..

The owners club does give you an indication of the owners care for the car (dealers don't tend to join clubs!) if you look on eBay make sure you inspect first, but there are some bargains to be had!

Good Luck

Nick

mackem

Donation Time
Thanks Nick, I see you have an automatic alpine. I've seen a few white autos advertised lately, and half considered them as I have Rhumatoid Arthritis and find some clutches had to press. What are the autos like to drive?.
ED

JonPiz

Donation Time
Wouldnt waste too much time with Ebay as not usually much on there and the ones that are seem just average. The UK owners club like Nick said is not that active. I would look on http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/ as this usually has the most comprehensive list of cars and I noticed an auto on there for sale for £2950! Be quick or it will be gone.

I imported my Alpine from San Diego back to the UK and have converted it to RHD and also to automatic, its still off the road as its a full nut and bolt restoration. My first auto back in 1980 I cannot say was exilerating but like you I prefer just using my right foot and its a way too cool car to race around in!

L

LC7

Hello Eddie,

I have a Series II in the states, North Carolina.
Heres a link to photos and information on the car. Contact me if you have an interest. I may list this car on eBay though I'd rather give it a shot though the SAOCA first.
Regards, Lavin

http://imageevent.com/xfactor/bluebeam:)