• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine & Tiger Parts Wanted

Tosborn

Donation Time
Hello, I am looking for a few parts for a 1967 Tiger MKII. I am located in Washington State (Tacoma) and willing to pickup in person if close (with cash) or pay for shipping.

-Used or NOS rear Alpine bumper
-A few original paint 13 x 4.5 off white steel wheels
-Correct hubcaps and trim rings for a Tiger, I believe they are similar to Alpine.
-Used drivers door top upholstery piece.

Thanks

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Tosborn

The Pacific Tiger Club is having their Annual General Meeting this coming Saturday in Tacoma. AGM on Saturday October 14th at Griot's Garage at 3333 South 38th Street in Tacoma from 11 am - 3 pm. Larry Atkinson probably will be there and can fill you in on the availability of the rare hubcap/rings. I have several bumpers and original wheels (would need sandblasted and painted). I believe the upholstery top door piece is also on the Alpine GT models (Michael correct me if I'm wrong).

alpine_64

Donation Time
Tosborn

The Pacific Tiger Club is having their Annual General Meeting this coming Saturday in Tacoma. AGM on Saturday October 14th at Griot's Garage at 3333 South 38th Street in Tacoma from 11 am - 3 pm. Larry Atkinson probably will be there and can fill you in on the availability of the rare hubcap/rings. I have several bumpers and original wheels (would need sandblasted and painted). I believe the upholstery top door piece is also on the Alpine GT models (Michael correct me if I'm wrong).
Jerry,

The tiger hubcaps are same as alpine s3-V .

The trim rings for a mkii tiger are the same slotted design as the alpine SV and the other period 4 seater rootes cars.

Jerry corret on the GT doortop rolls same as GT alpine.. sunbeam specialties carries the rpero ones with the molded for under it...

twautomotive

Silver Level Sponsor
Michael wrote - The trim rings for a mkii tiger are the same slotted design as the alpine SV and the other period 4 seater rootes cars.
Which Tigers used the trim rings with the "X" in them?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Michael wrote - The trim rings for a mkii tiger are the same slotted design as the alpine SV and the other period 4 seater rootes cars.
Which Tigers used the trim rings with the "X" in them?
The MKI cross body cars still used the cross hatch trims, they stopped during MKIa production...but not 100% sure when. Likely rootes used up the production run and then just standardised the trims across the range.

When the trims were introduced on the Tiger the alpines only has a hubcap and crome rim embellisher

Tosborn

Donation Time
Thanks all. I was able to source some hubcaps from PawPaw.

jdclogan thanks for the heads up, unfortunately I was busy this weekend with yardwork. I saw the Pacific Tiger Club at this historic races this year, it was nice to see a showing of Tigers. I really enjoyed the Tigers and the TVR Griffith with the Ford V8, it's nice to show that Cobra's aren't the only British cars that came with Ford V8's.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I really enjoyed the Tigers and the TVR Griffith with the Ford V8, it's nice to show that Cobra's aren't the only British cars that came with Ford V8's.

Have you ever been exposed to a Jensen Interceptor?

Depending on the model, they were equipped with either a Chrysler 383 or 440 C.I. v8 and automatics were popular.

image from a BaT auction

1972_jensen_interceptor_1972_jensen_interceptor_d4150f1a-8853-485d-9e35-077259f72083-xTb7gE-02502-02504-scaled.jpg

Tosborn

Donation Time
I have a lot of experience with Jensen Interceptors. My dad and I rescued a long forgotten Interceptor MkII from a North Seattle garage a few years ago, completely went through it mechanically then enjoyed it for a few summers. After that, a customer with a MkIII was referred to our shop. We brought the car back from 10ish years of hibernation then helped the owner sell the car. We preferred the MkII, the interior was a little simpler and the 383 was a lot snappier and more fun than the 440 in the MkIII. Great cars! 100MPH+ on the freeway all day long with one finger on the wheel, dead silent in the cabin, all makes a very fun touring car. Both of the cars we worked on were sold on BAT for very reasonable prices.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Have you ever been exposed to a Jensen Interceptor?

Depending on the model, they were equipped with either a Chrysler 383 or 440 C.I. v8 and automatics were popular.

image from a BaT auction

1972_jensen_interceptor_1972_jensen_interceptor_d4150f1a-8853-485d-9e35-077259f72083-xTb7gE-02502-02504-scaled.jpg
There's a super nice 3X black convertible in LA for sale . Too rich of a play car for me

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
There's a super nice 3X black convertible in LA for sale . Too rich of a play car for me
Not even a daydream for me. :cool:

I did see a new one on the dealer lot when the Jensen-Healy was a new model. Both those and the Europas on the lot were daydreams for a self-supporting college attendee. ;)

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Good to hear. Remember if you are ever over in the Spokane area contact me and come up to my shop filled with Sunbeam Parts & parts cars/ Rare Alpines/Harringtons/a Tiger/ along with other Anglo Saxon vehicles.
Cheers
Jerry

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I’m south of Olympia and have some bumpers that need attention. Straightening and rechrome. If you can’t find better, let me know. Also overriders.
have a bunch of items left over from the 66 project.

is the PTC meet open or members only? Used to be a member but their meets were way too far north. Also my car was still in Phoenix…. Great group of owners.

fjohn49

Donation Time
Hello, I am looking for a few parts for a 1967 Tiger MKII. I am located in Washington State (Tacoma) and willing to pickup in person if close (with cash) or pay for shipping.

-Used or NOS rear Alpine bumper
-A few original paint 13 x 4.5 off white steel wheels
-Correct hubcaps and trim rings for a Tiger, I believe they are similar to Alpine.
-Used drivers door top upholstery piece.

Thanks
Did you find the wheels, hub caps and trim rings? I live in Cincinnati, so shipping wheels would be costly, but the hubcaps and trim rings should be reasonable.