• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine Taillights needed

65beam

Donation Time
tail lights

todd,
they are new and there are no new ones being made. i sold a set in 2004 for 300.00 each and they were inside screws. the problem with the ones tim has on e bay is that they are outside screws which means they are series 5 units. i'll soon be putting a set of nos early lights on e bay. $$$$$$$$

alpine_64

Donation Time
Depending on series you have a few options.

If you need SI-3 tail lights, the upper indicator lenses are available repro from the sunbeam suppliers but they dont have the "LUCAS" markings on them. The housings were available from KIP motors, but i heard the quality was variable and some members who bought them found the housing quite bowed.

If you want the SIV-V setup, again the upper indicator lenses are available repro from the sunbeam suppliers, but the housings and lower lenses you will need to find S/H or NOS. However the later models share their setup with many other rootes cars, hillman minx, singers, humbers so you can still find them NOS if you look around, ebay Uk turns them up now and then.

The set Tim has for sale on ebay are the very late style SV alpine and late MKIA/MKII Tiger with the outside screws. To pay that you would want to be retsoring a very concourse factory correct alpine or tiger, as they are the only ones that used the outside screw lenses and they are not as nice looking as the internal screw lenses IMHO.

As for price.. well if you ask on the board i'm sure a member will come up with a very presentable set for a more palatable price.

Norman Voigt

Donation Time
Michael a pleasure to hear from down under . Im in Mexico . Mine is a Series 1 . So the later ones are not correct .

And yes, again, got some offers from the Board members . Al will send picutres
Thanks ,

Norman Voigt

Donation Time

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Norman, I have some early ones but they are not in great shape. I just got a set back from being re-chromed. If you need a set that have some dings in them but nothing I am proud of. If I had a set as nice as those Series 5 ones on Ebay they would be going on my car that I am restoring.

Cheers,

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Early Tail Light Assemblies

Norman:

I have several early Sunbeam (Series I-III) chrome tail light housings in pretty nice shape and some lower used lenses in pretty good condition as well. These would be fine for a daily driver. I also have a NOS upper lense that I would sell. If you or any of the other members are interested in seeing some pictures please email me at tylerite3124 at gmail dot com.

Rick Guest