• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine III GT Stock Exhaust Manifold

twautomotive

Silver Level Sponsor
There is a guy on Ebay selling this manifold as being for a Series III GT? It is not in the Alpine parts book. Does anyone know what this fits? Note the extra ports on top in the first picture.
Thanks.
Tom

RARE-Reconditioned-Engine-Dual-Outlet-Exhaust-Manifold-Sunbeam-_57.jpg GT manifold 200 D .jpg
Thanks.
Tom

65beam

Donation Time
It's the exhaust manifold for the fastback Alpine GT sold in the U.S. This was for the 1725 with the aluminum head and twin side draft Stromberg SDE emission carbs. The intake manifold bolts to the top of this exhaust manifold with a copper gasket between the two manifolds. This photo of my car shows the set up.100_0254.JPG

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bob,
Who did the polishing on the valve cover? Been looking for a good polisher for years!
Thanks!
Steve

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
That's great! I'll be visiting them sometime in the next few months for some chrome work.
I'll get the valve cover done then as well.
Thanks again!
Steve

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Thanks! The strange thing about the carbs is that there are no mixture adjustments on them. Just idle after they are synced.

Of course the mixture is adjustable...it's done with a tool through the dashpot orifice. All emission spec CD's are the same.

65beam

Donation Time
Of course the mixture is adjustable...it's done with a tool through the dashpot orifice. All emission spec CD's are the same.

Maybe I should have said that on the 150 CDSE carbs used on U.S. spec Alpine GT ( They were not a Rapier in the U.S. and had a different set of carbs along with other differences) there is not an external jet adjustment on the bottom of the fuel bowl as per U.S. spec series 5 carbs. Hope that clarifies this. I followed the instructions to syncro the carbs and set the idle and since I restored this car in 2008 I have never done anything but to top the oil in the carbs. Any one that has followed me thru the mountains or level land can verify that it's just like the Ever Ready bunny. It just keeps going and going.