• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

All synchro Overdrive kit

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
Full conversion kit with rebuilt gearbox and OD

I have a full conversion kit available that will fit any Alpine Series I-V

Gearbox and OD rebuilt by John Roseby.
New speedo cable and wiring loom
Used and tested factory speedo, relay and switch
I will ship anywhere in a wooden crate at cost

Send me a PM if intersted.

Jeff

aservfortom2

Donation Time
Full conversion kit with rebuilt gearbox and OD

I have a full conversion kit available that will fit any Alpine Series I-V

Gearbox and OD rebuilt by John Roseby.
New speedo cable and wiring loom
Used and tested factory speedo, relay and switch
I will ship anywhere in a wooden crate at cost

Send me a PM if intersted.

Jeff
Jeff I recently acquired a Roseby rebuilt Type D Laycock overdrive on Ebay for my 67 Series V. I have a wiring harness on the way but will need the necessary relays and steering column switch. My speedo was rebuilt by Niswongers in New York years ago and is now solid state. Should this work okay with the overdrive. I am also wondering about the stock driveshaft and what changes need to be made to it or does it require replacement? Any help with these issues are appreciated and I would like to purchase the relays, column switch and any overdive installation documents you might have available. Thank you

cdk84

Donation Time
You will need to have your factory driveshaft professionally shortened by approximately 7" to accommodate the extra length of the L d'N overdrive.

I can't speak to the compatibility of the Nisonger [sic] speedo and the overdrive's circuitry. That said, did you change the final drive ratio when making these modifications/upgrades? If not, no worries; if so, I hope you apprized Nisonger of the new final drive ratio because they can update your speedo at the same time as restoring it. The gauge face should also carry a different part number, listed on the gauge face below the odometer.

You are making an Excellent improvement in the drivability and longevity of your car and engine. John Roseby does very nice work, and I hope you take even More pleasure in driving your Alpine with the more relaxed demeanor your overdrive will deliver at cruising speeds.

Best of luck,
David

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
You will need to have your factory driveshaft professionally shortened by approximately 7" to accommodate the extra length of the L d'N overdrive.

I can't speak to the compatibility of the Nisonger [sic] speedo and the overdrive's circuitry. That said, did you change the final drive ratio when making these modifications/upgrades? If not, no worries; if so, I hope you apprized Nisonger of the new final drive ratio because they can update your speedo at the same time as restoring it. The gauge face should also carry a different part number, listed on the gauge face below the odometer.

You are making an Excellent improvement in the drivability and longevity of your car and engine. John Roseby does very nice work, and I hope you take even More pleasure in driving your Alpine with the more relaxed demeanor your overdrive will deliver at cruising speeds.

Best of luck,
David
DONT shorten by 7 inch, it will be way too short.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
The overdrive propshaft (driveshaft) measures 36 5/8" tip-to-tip. It's worth mentioning that the propshaft used in the Series IV with BW35 automatic gearbox is the same length as overdrive.