• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

All Rootes Rendezvous lV

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Chuck,

Have a great time at RRIV. Ohan finally schedules a Rootes Rendevous that doesn't conflict with another Sunbeam event in the Northwest (Tigers United XXX doesn't count, as it is decidedly an Alpine-unfriendly event this year), and my Alpine ends up being stuck in the garage this summer with with a dose of floorboard rot.

NEXT year for sure!

Dick Sanders
Kent, WA

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
Chuck, Can't make it this year 'cause of prior committments. First RR I've missed. Say 'Hi' to all participants for me and I hope that many will show for the ABFM in Bellevue in July.

Ed Erikson

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Rootes Rendevous

We had a real kick as usual. The weather "JUST" complied as we moved around on our doings. We arrived "The Port of Entry gate" Blaine Washington, about 3 pm Friday. I do not think anyone at these facilities will ever get it together. For about an hour we putzed along as you know 1/2 to 1 mph. Then just as we are getting there Deb Stienbeck's car the Maroon Tiger gave up the spook "way too friggin HOT" we wound up pushing it cross the line..

Langley Accent Inns was a nice spot kind of centralized. Pub and a IHOP close by and good parking.

Sat AM we breakfasted at 8am,, Ohan "Keep The Beam Alive" guy called me at 06:30,,,~~~~'zzz'''~~~ . alls well there. From there we drove over to the Air Museum and spent a good 3 hours and lunch..bonus was a fly-in going on, we were invited to cross the field to park under a Beaver air craft's wings. Photos going on and a lot of small local craft to view.

After lunch we were off to the "RACES" at a Go Cart track and just had a kick in the pants drive.. Dang little Canuck kid, kept running me down. I finally waxed him into a bumper. .>)

Sat evening we were off to a real nice restaurant by the river.

Whewee Sunday, it rained, rained and finally blew its' way on to Hope Canada.. We went down to see off Ohan's Soap Box Derby car, and it was good there, they had been rain delay for the time trials so we got there to watch Ohan's car with his designated driver, James, "For Make a Wish" take 2nd, in the first heat. Then off to the south,, another blessing of the US that damn gate. 1 hour there, Ron Simcox pushed Debs car back across the border, we had taken another line and they were way behind.. The guards wouldn't let us go back to help out.

"I will never own a Tiger, esp. one that even thinks about getting warm. Not even. Not worth the faster bigger idea. "
quote"

South on the 5 to Burlington, WA. and west to the Whidbey island ferry to the main land and great run south, back on the 5 at Olyimpa, WA. We got home @10 pm..
That's that and All Missed ya.

Pumpkin is under a wrap right now and ran just great!!! Sure is dirty...
Chuck